Chapter 24 | Battle

After a while, all the first duals had been finished, the winners moving on to the next dual.

I was one of those winners, and at the moment, I was in the preparation room, basically sobbing and freaking out. The new matches had been announced a little while before, and it appeared I was supposed to dual an old enemy...

Suto Tageru

He's the one that burned my side all those years ago. His quirk is powerful and dangerous.

Your whole upper body was draped over the table, your arms covering your head as you tried to calm down as much as possible.

Suddenly the door opened, it opened very slowly and you could hear the door creaking. You slowly moved your head so you could see who came in.

Togata stood there, waving with a small and gentle smile. Amajiki behind him.

You couldn't muster to put up a smile or a wave. When Togata didn't receive anything from you he stepped forward. "Hey, you alright?"

His gentle voice was close, and I heard both guys moving next to me. Togata put a hand on the small of my back, "Anything we can do to help?"

I simply shook my head, keeping it in my arms, not making any contact. "I'm doomed." I said, which sounded very depressing.

It was quiet for a short minute, "Why? What happened?" My friend Togata responded, deciding to sit down next to me.

I couldn't keep ignoring or sulking in front of them, so I decided to lift my head up. The first thing I saw was Amajiki's worried gaze on me, sitting in front of me.

His eyes were gentle, and the beautiful indigo colors were seen. I hardly broke it off, looking towards Togata, who was sat beside me. "Tageru, he'll kill me." Togata's eyes widened. He sure knew of Tageru as he was in our class and had some 'chats' with him.

"I'm sure he won't be that bad." I could clearly hear the uncertainty in Togata's voice. It wasn't helping much.

Suddenly, a low voice coming from Amajiki startled me. "What exactly is his quirk? Flint." You turned around quickly, looking at him. It was weird. He seemed focused and not at all scared.

Flint was Tageru's quirk name.

You hummed for a second before answering, "it's powerful. He can harden his own body and heat it up to levels of heat that it can burn anything straight up like lava." You tried to explain. You figured a lot out after knowing him for a while.

You turned your gaze to the table, "You always see him with those dark cracked rock textures on his skin, I'd like to think of it as a volcano." You shook your head.

"But I can't even touch or get close to him without getting burned, and then his hardened skin makes it even more difficult to do anything." You didn't notice how long you were sitting there when there was a loud alarm.

Present mic's voice beamed through announcing the first match, my match, to start soon.

You panicked even more, and your eyes widened as you looked at Amajiki. Togata put a hand on your shoulder, "dont worry, (L/N)."

You slowly turned your head towards him, scared and almost shivering on the spot. "Remember this is also a learning experience. You don't have to win, just do your best, and we and your father will be proud of you." You couldn't help but relax a small bit from his words.

He smiled brightly at you and removed his hand from your shoulder after a few seconds.

You sighed deeply, trying to stop your feet from shaking, and stood up slowly. "We'll, guess I'll go then."