Chapter 21 | Maze

All the students that made it through were announced, and the other contestants were asked to spectate the rest of the game.

You were feeling nervous again as you had to wait for the teachers to remove the setup from the first game. Everyone was quickly asked back in the arena for the next round. You were hoping to at least get a break, but that was only a few minutes long.

Walking back, but with a smaller group which was around 50 students, your heart began to race again. "Hey, you'll do great, don't worry!" Hado pushed my side and smiled brightly at me.

I returned the smile, "Thanks, you too!" You felt that Hado was a good friend and that you managed to get along more with her and her energy.

"Alright, boys and girls! Are we ready for round number two??" Of course, the whole arena screamed, having to cover your ears again.

Miss Kayama smiled brightly and announced to spin the wheel once more. It would reveal our second task. And you all knew the third and final one would be the one on one duals. It was always the same.

You didn't know if you'd like to dual with other people, but you were certain you had to do your best either way. The whole arena cheered again, "Our next challenge will be a maze!"

You tilted your head in confusion, "Just a maze? It can't be that easy it's UA." Hado looked at you and just shrugged, not knowing either.

"The maze is a misleading parkour, traps and cement walls." It was slowly making sense that it wasn't going to be easy. "You'll be working in pairs, and you'll have to find and locate bands with points, the teams that get the most points advance to the next and final round!"

You were thinking that it looked a lot like the challenge you just had, but it made you more confident that you'd make it. You turned your head trying to find Kanna. You really wanted to team up with her. You knew her quirk well.

Miss Kayama continued, "There will be green bands. They will count as 5 points, red bands will be 10 points, and finally, there are just a few purple bands that count 100 points!" So we have to find purple and probably steal them..

Our teacher explained the last of the rules, meaning quirks were allowed as well as stealing, all that stuff. "Now, you may find your partner! You have 5 minutes."

You quickly left your classmates and tried to scan for Kanna, looking around frantically. You really hoped she wanted to pair up with you.

You found Kanna after a while of searching and smiled, "Kanna!" She turned around and smiled as well, "(y/n)!" But you quickly noticed a group of people around her.

She looked apologetic, "I'm sorry, I already paired up with someone." My smile faltered a bit, but you wouldn't show her too much of it, "Alright, that's fine, don't worry." She noticed your tone changing, and her smile turned a bit sad.

You waved her off, saying again that it didn't matter. You pushed yourself through the crowd again and felt lost for a second. A hand was pushed on your shoulder, "(l/n)?" You turned around quickly.

Amajiki stood there behind you, looking confused as you were on the brink of crying. He opened his mouth to speak, but you cut him off quickly, "please team up with me." His face turned surprised, and his mouth shut again.

He pulled his hand up and pointed at himself, "You want to... team up with me?" You could feel the tears you were holding back and nodded quickly. You must've looked ridiculous and perfect to laugh at right now.

Amajiki nodded, "Of course." You let out a big sigh and dropped your head, a small smile on your face as you felt releaved. You were actually almost going to cry in front of thousands of people cause of something stupid.