Chapter 30 | Help

Almost all of the train rides towards where we wanted to go had fallen out. Most likely, due to the fight happening there.

Mirko, Shift, and I were currently on the train on our way towards the destruction. There were many pictures and videos seen of the current fight. So far, no clear knowing if Amajiki was there.

I just hoped he'd be alright, I can't help but worry about him. Of course, I had already messaged him multiple times to find out where he was, but there were no replies.

Suddenly, the red lights had catched my attention. I stood up to move towards the window. We were nearing the place.

There was smoke everywhere, and some places held fire. The sun was already lowering, but it seemed like some kind of apocalypse.

The train announced we'd have to exit the next stop. Well, only the three of us were on the train.

I felt every part of me starting to tremble and shiver. A hand was slowly pushed against my back, "Hey, we'll be alright, don't worry, and your friend will be too."

I had turned back to look at Mirko, seeing she had a confident and bright smile on her face. It made a small smile appear on mine, and I nodded.

I was a little hesitant, but the courage slowly came back. The train had come to its destination.

The doors opened, and Mirko sprinted off, which left Shift and me to follow behind her. I ran with great force, ready to jump into battle if needed.

I could smell the burning stench and the smoke coming from the fires. There was destruction everywhere, I just followed Mirko, not too sure of where we were going.

Just a few minutes later, Mirko had shifted to running on all fours and suddenly jumping. I watched as I stopped in my tracks, and I noticed how Mirko just kicked someone right against the head.

I widened my eyes and mouth in shock. That must've been a villain, yes? When Mirko stood up, I ran towards them. It was indeed a villain.

He laid motionless on the ground but clearly still breathing, Mirko just knocked out a villain with just one kick?!

Soon, I heard things a little further away, I noticed Mirko's attention turning to it as well. I ran towards it, and the other two had now followed me.

I ran towards the source of the sound. It sounded like metal. Suddenly, we could see ahead as it was a big street. There was a hero and a villain standing there, well, more fighting than standing.

As I ran closer, I also noticed.. my friend, Amajiki! So he was here, as expected. He was too far away to notice if he was hurt, but I could soon see someone slowly walking behind him.

Amajiki was slouched forward, and grabbing his sides, I widened my eyes. He didn't see the villain behind him!

I ran even further, my feet carrying when i suddenly heard Mirko's scream behind me. "Use your quirk, kid!"

I didn't let her tell me twice and immediately activated it. My feet were basically flying off the ground as I jumped up.

I noticed everything seemed to slow down as I saw my friend at the brink of danger while the villain was ready to attack.

I could see Amajiki's body tuning around to face his opponent while there was clearly blood seen. It sent a surge, a wave of anger through my whole body.

The shock letting me transform into anything to help him. I let it go, not the grasp but the feelings.

My body shifted, feeling claws, the teeth, my fur, and my tail. Without a second thought, when I landed, the whole world came rushing back, no slow motion anymore.