Chapter 25 | Awake

My eyes shot open, pushing my whole body up, ready for anything, everything.

But the sudden sting in my side, my arm, my throbbing head, it all came rushing back.

I gritted my teeth and quickly covered my whole stomach with my arms and let out a sound of pain.

It was gone for a moment, and then it all came rushing back.

"Calm down (L/N), you're safe and alright."

My eyes widened at the sound of the old woman. And I noticed I was lying down in a bed at the infirmary.

The old lady, recovery girl, stood a little further away. She looked with a sad small smile and approached slowly.

I looked at my hands, removing them from my stomach. They looked fine, and I looked fine. Besides the bandages, the stinging pain left slowly as it wasn't as bad anymore.

"What.. happened?" I slowly spoke up, noticing that my voice was raspy and low at the moment.

I couldn't quit grasp my head around it, the battle, I was supposed to fight Tageru.

A soft hand was laid at the side of my bed, and I could see it move.

"You passed out (L/N)." I looked at recovery girl, so that meant I lost the battle, the match.

I couldn't let out anything, no emotions, just staring at her face as she looked with pity.

I wanted to grab the blanket and throw it off of me, "Tell me what happened, I want to know." Suddenly, the soft hand was pushed on mine, forcing me to stay down.

I looked down at recovery girl confused. "If you sit down and take some time to calm down, I'll tell you what you want to know." Her soft and calm voice said, making me relax a little bit.

I nodded slowly at her words and decided to sit at the edge of my bed, her hand releasing mine.

I took a deep breath and sighed, making everything calm down.

Recovery girl had taken a chair in the process and sat down.

She took a long breath and held it in for a little while before exhaling again. "So, you remember the dual?"

I nodded at her, paying attention to her words and what she would say.

She nodded, too, in return, and opened her mouth again. "When you were fighting, there was clearly an argument. You both started getting lost in your anger." She took a minute to breathe and wait to see my reactions so far.

I remembered the part she mentioned just now. "So, the young boy Tageru tried to draw you out, anger you. It took a while before you lost your own control, you're quirk is strong but dangerous."

She looked focused at me as my expression turned to a shocked one. I actually lost control again. That was the thread slipping.

I opened my mouth to speak and clutched my hands, "What.. did I do? Did I hurt anyone..?" I was scared to ask or say anything, I didn't want to know, but I needed to.

And dad, he saw all of it..

Recovery girl shook her head, "No, you didn't hurt anyone. Maybe Tageru has some scratches left, but I'm sure no one could blame you."

You couldn't help but feel relieved. Indeed, if Tageru was hurt, I wouldn't mind, and other people wouldn't either. He acted like an asshole and deserves to have some scratches left.

I nodded my head, letting out a big sigh that washed away most of my troubles.

The old lady moved up again, and her smile returned. "If you feel well, you may watch your friends." I smiled slightly back at her but realized something, "only one of them actually made it to the next round."