Chapter 31 | Hospital

The ambulance and police vehicles had swarmed the area where we had a battle. All of us were brought in to be questioned, but Amajiki had to be brought to the hospital.

I had demanded them to tell me what happened and if he was going to be okay. Mirko had to calm me down as the staff would tell me after he'd been treated.

His mentor from the intern was a not so familiar hero to me and had told me what happened. They'd all joined the battle as the other hero's needed help, and they were close to the scene.

The mentor had lost Amajiki, and so he had come in a fight with multiple villains. That's when Mirko, Shift, and I joined in and helped beat the last ones.

I was brought with the police to be questioned, of course the prohibition of the usage of quirks was mentioned but apparently Mirko told them that I was fine and only used it for defense, which was mostly true so I didn't argue.

They had asked me questions about the fight and what happened, I just told my story about how we came for assistance and battled off the rest of them.

I was quickly dismissed from the police workers and finally brought to the hospital. And it wasn't my injuries. I wanted to go to the hospital for but definitely Amajiki.

Quickly brought there, I had Mirko still on my tail, I went to the nearest hospital worker, my finger up and mouth open to speak.

But I was suddenly pulled back as Mirko stepped forward. "No, you don't. You can check on your friend later. Take care of your own wounds." She went to talk to the worker I wanted to speak to.

But I quickly cut her off, not wanting to, "I'm fine, I can do that right after!" Mirko then quickly pushed her head back to me and looked sternly, basically shushing me in just seconds.

I wanted to speak, but no words were coming out, "Your boyfriend can wait!"

That just brought all the air out of my lungs as I chocked on nothing, all the words drifting away. Hold on, boyfriend??

Did we really give that impression?? I could feel my whole face burning up from her assumption.

None of us either thought about the fact that it was close to becoming midnight soon. The sun had already lowered hours ago.

I had the realization when I saw the hospital as empty as could be, only the few workers at the desks present.

Mirko had me put through a quick appointment to check my wounds. She also slightly started to threaten the worker behind the desk because she said I would have to wait a bit.

So, instead of having to wait the small fifteen minutes, Mirko had me pushed through the hospital to where I was appointed.

I mindlessly walked behind her. As she dragged me along with her, I could feel the sleep and tiredness creeping up on me.

Soon, I was placed on a bed, just sitting on the side while dangling my feet. we waited for the doctor to come in.

It didn't take very long before he came in, a wide, gentle smile on his face. "Ah, you must be (Y/N) (L/N)!" He said happily even at this time of.. well, night.

He stretched out his hand, which I happily took while nodding at his words. Mirko stayed a bit in the corner, not speaking and just observing, kind of like a personal bodyguard.

The doctor first noticed my hand, the  gush in it, when he removed the small bandage that had picked up most of the blood.

"Ahh, must've been an interesting battle, right?" He started some small talk as he took care of my wound slowly. He started cleaning it first, removing any parts that weren't supposed to be there and the blood.