Chapter 34 | Admiration

My paws carried me through the forest, only the sounds of birds and the wind. It felt peaceful, and I couldn't find the weird smell anymore. It seemed to just disappear.

The memory of my childhood ran through me, how my parents and I had a hike through the mountains and the forests, and I used my quirk only to come back 2 days later having slept in the forest.

I remember how scared my mom was but how they could both laugh it off. It was like I was an actual wild animal. It felt weird but natural, especially being in the body of an animal.

It felt comforting and normal. The feeling of being carried by strong wings or to run on all fours. It just felt free, but it would be even cooler to be called the Animal Hero, one who saves and rescues others with the power.

I dragged myself out of my thoughts, noticing how I completely isolated myself from any town nearby. I was deep in the forest and unfortunately... lost.

Sighing heavily, I couldn't help but smile a bit. How reckless I would sometimes be. It would be a good story to tell my parents when I got back.

I turned my body back around and walked to where I came from, surely being able to find a way back.

Everything smelled and sounded amazing. I didn't mind walking through it.

After a little while, i recognized a smell. It was distant and still a little hard to determine what it was, but a recognizable smell would mean back.

So I followed it until my ears peeked up at the sudden sound of someone yelling. "(L/N)?" It wasn't too loud, but it sounded a little like they were in some sort of distress.

I widened my eyes, of course! I didn't respond to them for a while, and it was starting to get dark already. And I had also left my stuff back at the place where I saw the girl, not even thinking twice about it.

I mentally slapped myself before running off when I heard the voice yell again. Quite quickly, I had found my way back in the big clover field, the height obscuring my vision slightly.

I was still in wolf form as I neared the voice speaking, but when I saw Togata, my whole body immediately relaxed, and I went up to him.

He kind of jumped in the air at the sudden appearance of the wolf me in front of him and let out a weird sound.

"Geeze, (L/N) there you are!" He held his hand up to his chest and sighed heavily and relieved. "You scared me.."

I chuckled, which just sounded like some choking sounds to him. He then looked at me, more at my eyes, and seemed to kind of drown away.

It seemed like he was pulled into his own thoughts while staring deeply at me. "You're pretty fast and agile like that. Honestly, you'd do great as a horse and carry someone."

My eyes widened at the sudden comment, and it basically pushed me back into my human self and opened my mouth widely. "Where did that come from?!"

I scared him out of his deep day dreaming, and he jumped again. "Stop scaring me!" There was a second of silence before I sighed heavily.

There was a small smile appearing on my face. "I could possibly turn into a horse, yes." I pushed my hands up in the air and shrugged. "But I've never done it, so it takes practice."

Togata went to pick up some stuff there laying on the ground and pushed himself up again. He then moved his arm to gently push against mine. "Tamaki could help you with that!"

I looked him straight in the eyes, widening them. "What.. wh.. why??" I questioned while my face burned up slightly, also because of hearing his first name being used.