Chapter 1 | School ends

"(Y/n)?... (y/n)!" You jolted awake, looking up from the covers your mom is standing at the door calling for you.
"(Y/n), did you forget to put your timer on?"

Shit!

I moved up from my bed and saw the clock. Yup, I definitely overslept. "Shit! Fuck not again." You were up out of your bed in a heartbeat cursing since it wasn't the first time.

"Watch your language, young lady, now hurry up, you can still make it." Mom said while walking out of your room. You barely heard her as you were focused on putting your clothes on and brushing your hair as well as packing your bag.

Rushing downstairs, almost tripping on your own feet, you see your brother looking at you with a smug, damn that brat. "I swear if you turned off my alarm, I won't hesitate to throw you out of the window you damned-" you raged with mom cutting you off, "(y/n) don't be rude to your brother, the power went off last night."

You huffed, still keeping your eyes on your brother, who happily stuck out his tongue at you. "Maybe you should put your alarm on your phone, make sure it won't happen again?" Mom suggested not looking away from the kitchen. It was true having a shitty old alarm made you oversleep sometimes with it's.. 'malfunctions.' You looked at your brother squeezing your eyes.

Putting your shoes on, you looked at the clock on the wall. It was definitely gonna be a run if I wanted to make it on time.

Waving your mom and brother off, you exited the house. Immediately taking a sprint, you reached your school in a few minutes absolutly exhausted, but, hey, you made it!

Yes, you would've used your quirk to run faster, but you can't.
Even if you were to use it, you wouldn't be able to get your bag or you had to turn into some big animal and scare everyone. Your quirk somehow made your clothes disappear, but when you turned back, they were on you like nothing happened, of course some scratches and holes if you weren't careful. It was like your clothes turned invisible. You were very happy about it cause you didn't wanna turn naked after using your quirk.

Your mom would keep getting angry if you used your quirk outside, claiming it was dangerous and I'd get in trouble someday.

Of course, stubborn me won't listen to what she says.  What can I say? Being a cat and having fun teasing people is fun, you were pretty sure you could blame the nature of the cat, it made you wanna knock things over the edge. And splashing water on people without then knowing where it came from is just fun.

Your friend Kanna smiled seeing you enter the classroom, I returned the smile and took the seat next to her. "Well good morning (y/n)!" I raised my eyebrows at her and smirked, "are we being formal or something, what happened to my Kanna?" She sighed and threw her hand up, "don't you know how to properly greet your friend?" I smacked her hand gently and looked away in disgrace, "how dare you call yourself my friend, your nothing but a lowlife scum."

There was a second of silence before Kanna laughed and gave me a small hug from her seat which looked a little weird but you returned the gesture. "Did you oversleep again? You looked out of breath." I nodded not wanting to talk about it, you weren't in for a lecture. "Last day of school, they won't even notice if I were late." You shrugged off like it was no big deal.

Kanna has been your childhood friend for years, you honestly didn't know for how long, you just knew she was your best friend and.. maybe your only friend? One friend was good enough for you, as long as you weren't alone.

School was taking too long, it was the last day and it felt like eternity. There was literally no use to still pump some information in our heads as we were all too focused on vacation. The day consisted of explaining what your studies were gonna look like and how your life will change, you couldn't care less.

After the school bell ringing, indicating your done with this stupid school you happily stretched your arms out. Walking on the sidewalks, Kanna asked if you wanted to go to the mall to have some drinks. You were pretty sure she wanted to go there to shop but you went anyway. Your arms were stretched behind your neck as you looked at your feet, acting like a kid by avoiding the dark colored tiles and only stepping on the light ones.

"So, only a few months and then the entrance exam of UA.." You didn't look up bit your smile faltered a bit, " guess were gonna have to train hard if we want to make a shot at it." Kanna looked up at your surprisingly, tilting her head slightly. "You have an awesome quirk, im sure it'll be easy to get in." I dropped my arms back at my sides and looked up, stopping with the tiles. "I mean yeah it's cool, but I have no fighting abilities really. What will I do, slap someone with my soft cat paw?"

Kanna put her hand on her mouth chuckling slightly, "you could scratch them?" She said trying to hold in her laughter a bit, I moved my head slightly and narrowed my eyes, "I won't hesitate to scratch you!" I said while giving her more of a poking effect at her sides, she couldn't hold her laughter and pushed herself aside.

"At least you can slap someone with your Katara water powers." I smirked up at her, she gave me a dead look immediately and folded her hands. "It's not some anime power (y/n), besides, im content with being in the support course"
You shook your head, "No, your coming with me to the hero course, were doing this together." She simply smiled and nodded, you were happy with Kanna and was sure not wanting to look for new friends if she's not there. Even if you were in the same school.

*

A few months already passing, you've been training your strength in hand to hand kombat, you were sure not going to back down even if strength wasn't your thing.

You didn't really like punching a bag, and you haven't gotten enough training to be overly good with your quirk, but your determination said you'd make it, somehow.