Chapter 27 | Intern

The week went by quickly, having had some quirk training as well as lots of boring classes. Meanwhile, trying to decide who to intern at, the last day I finally chose someone.

Someone who could help me with my quirk and my combat, it sounded too good to be true.

The agency had accepted me, so there we were, our class standing at the train station.

Miss Kayama happily welcomed some students who were just coming in. She wanted to see us before we'd be going to our internships, so there we all were.

I wasn't all that excited to go. To be honest, I knew the agency I would go to would be very helpful. But I wasn't all too sure about the hero I was interning with..

"Morning." I shot up, freaking out, because I didn't notice anyone coming close to me.

"Ahh! Amajiki, you scared me." You pushed your hand against your chest to calm down. Was he so quiet, or was I just too busy in my mind to hear him coming?

Amajiki slumbered down and let his head hang low. I patted him on the back, "dont worry about it." I knew he wanted to apologize like he always did, but I didn't let him this time.

He'd always apologize. It was a cute and sweet side of him.

Wait, did I just call him cute?

Pushing my hand off of his back, I held them close, a small warm blush creeping up.

Amajiki's head pulled up again, "So, at what place were you interning at?" He started. He was never one to start a conversation that much, so when he did, I always happily chatted along.

But this time, I let my head low and groaned. "I'm doubting if I even chose the right place.."

I pulled my hands up to my face and let them hang, sulking around. When suddenly Amajiki's hand was put on my back. "I'm sure you have.."

He always tries. He himself can't be positive at all, but when it comes to encouraging, he does. It made a small smile appear and I pulled myself up slowly.

"The rabbit hero, Mirko.." I turned to him, telling him my intern choice. But his head tilted in confusion as he either didn't know them or didn't know why I was doubting it.

I sighed and turned to face him properly. "Mirko is currently a high ranked hero, but she is also known for her loud and well... aggressive way of work and.. conversation."

I drifted off, my eyes turning to my fiddling hands. Sighing slowly.

"So, who are you interning with?" I tried to change the subject to him, not wanting to talk about me. I could feel his hand on my back stiffen, totally forgetting it was even there.

Then his eyes widened, and he quickly removed his hand from my back, pulling it back. But without thinking, my own hands moved, and they reached towards his.

Out of nowhere, his hands were now laid into my grasp. There was a second of silence, and I noticed how big his hands were and a little rough as well.

Then, realizing what I did, I panicked and let him go as quickly as I could, eyes widening and staring at him. I started trembling and opened my mouth.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!" I fiddled with my own hands again, too scared to see his reaction, so my eyes turned to look somewhere else.

I was such a dumbass. Why did I do that? I heard Amajiki's voice, a low sound like he wanted to speak but stopped on the first letter and held it.

I freaked out even more, and my trembling became worse. I definitely broke him now.

"Everyone, please gather around me!" Miss Kayama's voice reached through, making me turn my head towards her.