Chapter 4 | First Day

It was your first day of school. You were on your way picking up your friend Kanna. And you felt like absolute shit.

Yes, you were in. But of course, Kanna is not in your class. How? She is in the hero course, but they put her in class 1B instead for your class. Of course, you decided you would switch to go in 1B as well, but Kanna said she'd unfriend you if you did. Of course she wouldn't... right?

But you didn't. You accepted it a few days ago. But now it's the actual first day, and you just wanted to lay in bed for the whole day. Having to communicate with people you don't know and having to make new friends?? Nope, you were gonna be a loner your UA life.

Eventually, you arrived at Kanna's house, her lovely mother offering you a little snack on the way to UA you just couldn't refuse. You just forgot everything because she gave you a chocolate cookie, it gave you a few minutes away from worrying about school. Apparently, I'm so predictable that even her mother knows I suck at talking to new people.

Well, the first time I met her, I was a total idiot, just awkwardly waving and wanting to turn around, to which she invited me in for dinner. Never forgetting that day...

"Soo.... nervous for your first day?" And there goes my happy mood for a few minutes, your face dropped, and you stared at her. "What do you think?" Kanna laughed softly and placed her hand on my shoulder while waving her other around in the air back and forth. "Dont worry! You'll be just fine, I'm sure you'll make some friends."

I stared at her again but just blank, "says the one who can make 10 friends in one day." Kanna sighed, probably deciding just to let me be in my depressing mood. Let's just set a goal: make one friend in this whole school year, and im happy.

Arriving at the big school gates, you got some more confidence. You're finally at your dream school. What will the first day be like? Are we gonna practice our quirks? Are we getting our hero costumes?!

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. You go ahead to your classroom. I don't wanna keep you here!" Kanna waved you off with a big smile on her face. She was walking away before you realized what was happening. "Wait, Kanna, don't leave me here!" Hysterically looking left and right, you noticed you were on your own. That bitch! She left you so you can't clinge on to her like a lost puppy, and you have to do everything on your own. Yup, I'm doomed.

So you entered the big building on your own. There were signs on the walls pointing left and right and up and, oh god. This place is a maze.

You saw a sign which marked the first year's rooms, which was just walking up one stairs and then following the hallway. So, taking your steps, you already got your first heart attack. "Hey, hey you! I know you, you're that girl I met at the entrance exam! Hii!"

Turning around slowly, you saw the bright blue haired girl. She was really jumpy and excited and had a big smile on her face. "I'm Nejire Hado. In case you forgot, I'm so happy to see a familiar face!" You pulled up your hand to wave at her, managing to get a small smile on your face.

"My name is (y/n) (l/n), it's nice to meet you." You squeezed out, with almost holding your breath afterward. You just really wanted to go to your classroom, sit at your desk and sulk. "Ohh right, so which class are you in?" You didn't know why she said 'oh right,' but just brushed it off no really caring. "I'm in class 1A.." You pointed towards the stairs, meaning you had to go there, and also trying to bring out you wanted to leave.

"Oh, we can walk together! I'm in 1A, too! Come on, follow me!" She basically locked her arm with yours before you could react or say anything at all and pulled you towards the wrong direction. "Wait, Hado, I think.." You pointed to the right side but noticed she didn't really pay attention or hear you, so just giving up, you were being pulled towards a hallway.