Chapter 33 | Accident

"Is that a kitty?"

A sudden voice beamed close to me, making me shift, not wanting to wake up.

"Ohh, it's a cute cat!"

"What are you doing here, kitty?"

Many voices chimed in with the first one, not able to make out what they were saying anymore.

I tried to open my eyes, still too sleepy to wake up.

Suddenly, there was a tug at my elbows, I was lifted up and widened my eyes, pushing myself awake in an instant.

I was held under my armpits by two hands. The face in front of me was that of a girl. I noticed how I couldn't move and saw the paws in front of me.

The girl lifted me up higher and started screaming with the others in the room, not able to comprehend what was happening. I tried squirming my way out of the grasp.

I let out a screech and slightly used my claw, which made her let me go. As soon as I landed on my feet, I dashed off as quickly as I could.

The voices behind me were still heard, but i didn't turn back. I was confused and breathed heavily as the shock still rushed through me, able to let me run.

More sounds and voices were heard all around me, but I couldn't hear them. They were all mumbled in my ears.

I turned my head back, and as I had seen a room to run to, I checked behind me if no one would follow or see me.

As soon as I entered the room, I wanted to turn my head back forward, but I was met with a great force, pushed against it in the speed that I was running.

I landed on my butt and shook my head, trying to push the headache away. "What are you doing here?" I heard a voice in front of me.

I quickly averted my gaze forward but had to look up a great deal, my mouth open as I still didn't know what was happening.

In front was Amajiki, who was starting to lower his body to kneel in front of me, and Togata stood behind him, where the voice came from.

Opening my mouth, I moved back to my feet and talked, screamed, without any words coming out.

I stopped my sudden rambling and held up my ears. I could move my ears, as well as stand on four paws.

Finally, the realization shot through me. "(L/N)? Is that you?" I looked up at Amajiki, who had asked the question and nodded slowly.

I could feel my heart beat slow as the shock from earlier started to go away and vanish, making every part of my body calm down.

"Why are you a cat?" Togata suddenly asked from behind him. I couldn't really react and shook my body viciously before taking a deep breath and letting it all out.

I could relax my heart and body enough to deactivate my quirk safely. I could slowly feel my body turning back to my normal human self.

Soon, I sat on the floor on my knees, staring down. Two hands had moved into my vision, and I looked up with confusion. They were Amajiki's.

He had held his hands out for me to take, so I did before it got too awkward, as soon as I took his hands, they gently pulled me up with him.

I quickly stood on my two feet again and smiled, "Thanks!" I said, still holding his hands, not even wanting to let them go.

He nodded with a small smile before I could feel the warmth of his hands leaving. But they stayed on my cheeks, a small hue.

"So, what happened?" I was pulled out of my mind by Togata's voice as he slightly pushed himself next to Amajiki.