Chapter 5 | Forgiving

I was absolutely stoked about having our first important task on the very first day of school. And, also, super fucking scared but who cares! We're gonna do some epic stuff.

Honestly, I had no idea what we were even doing. Like, are we going to fight each other already??? You hoped not. You had no fighting skills at all...

Our teacher, Miss Kayama now. Had instructed us to change into the UA training uniforms. You wondered on your way to the changing rooms when all of you were gonna get their hero costumes. Those are gonna be so epic!

"Hey, (l/n), wait up!" Turning around dragged away from your thoughts, Hado was basically running towards you. She was super excited. You could see from the big ass smile she was wearing. It made you smile a little. She seemed so cheery the whole time.

Waiting for her to catch up, she jumped right at you, which startled you. She smiled brightly and pulled you along with her to the changing rooms.

"So, what does your quirk do? Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? What do you like to do for fun? Oooh, do you wanna hang out sometime!" Oh damn, how am I gonna keep up with this girl? I don't even remember her first question!

You looked around confused, not knowing what to say. "Ehhh, I'm, my quirk?" I pointed at myself while I could feel my face heat up again. What do I say?? I barely know her, but I shouldn't let her think im some creep who doesn't even dare to talk.

"My, ummh, my quirk is related to animals." You quickly blurted out, which was a terrible explanation. Actually, it didn't explain shit. But Hado seemed to bright up at my short shitty answer somehow.

"Oooh, that sounds cool! I hope I get to see it some time, you don't have to explain the whole thing, I'll figure it out!" She beamed at you, almost reaching the changing rooms, which means no more talking, phew.

You smiled at her reaction. She didn't push you to say anymore. I think it was pretty obvious I was a bit shy. She just brushed it off quickly.

In the changing rooms, for once you could have a glance at some of your classmates. Gods no, not seeing them in their underwear and sports bra. But just actually seeing them and what they look like.

In the girls' changing rooms were a little less than the guys. One of the girls stood out. She had pretty bright red hair, which was in a low ponytail. Her hair was straight, not a single curl or wave in there. She seemed to have a bit of an angry? Look, or like, it's just her in the world. Maybe she doesn't like it here?

One of the girls looked super cool. She had horns on the top of her head, which swirled down. And she had long wavy dark brown hair. The other girls actually seemed pretty much the same, either bright colored hair or some browns. No one really had a quirk, which affected their appearance too much.

All gathered at the UA training grounds, Miss Kayama gathered us in front of a remodel of some part of the city. It was a huge square full of buildings like the real city. They had many squares like this with different real-life places.

Standing beside Hado, you spotted the 2 boys, Amajiki and Togata, in the group. They were the only ones besides Hado, which you knew right now. It felt calming that you at least knew a few names in here, not a complete loner.

"Welcome, my students, for our first task. You need to beat the opposing team." Oh shit, we're gonna have to do teamwork already?? This is my worst nightmare. Why can't I do it on my own..

Kayama continued after a few students expressed their reactions. "So, the class will be divided in 6 groups of 4, there will be 3 battles. Now, listen carefully. Your team's goal is to retrieve 3 disks that are hidden within the city. When a team has already retrieved 2 out of 3 disks available, they have already won. So work together. You can steal the disk if it's in the hands of the opposing team as long as they haven't put it in their box yet at their checkpoint." It was so much to take in. How is this something for your first day?