27 - family

A burning sense of injustice, sobs, sorrow: desire to fight back, and no time or energy to do so.
- Sylvia Plath

. . .

Dahlia

I didn't think I was a shy person by any means

I didn't think I was a shy person by any means. Well, I used to think that. Till I found myself laying in my bed early in the morning, wondering how in the world was I going to face them after the conversation yesterday. Would they touch me? They could. I had my safeword.

Even the thought made my face warm.

My phone buzzed. Bobby meowed in irritation from where he was sitting on his bed with Vaness. I flipped him off and grabbed my phone.

It was a text from Marie.

Are you having your me days? You don't have to answer if you are. I'm just worried. Otto is worried, too. He didn't ask for fries with his cheeseburger.

No fries? Are we sure Otto hasn't been replaced by an evil clone?

No. He is still just as annoying. Are you okay?

I'm fine. Just...busy with some stuff. Do you wanna meet?

Of course. Let's meet up for Lunch. Should I text Otto too?

Lunch will be good. And yes, text Otto. Tell him I'll buy him fries.

I'll see you then

See ya

I threw my phone away and sat up.

"Bobby, Vaness."

They meowed in return. My cats were really talkative. It was adorable.

"Let's go for breakfast, hm?"

They were scratching the door as soon as those words left my mouth. I laughed and quickly got ready before they organize a mutiny.

I carried Vaness out of the room, and Bobby followed us. I walked to the deck passing a few people who stared at me for a bit too long. I was yet to talk to anyone but the Kozlovs and Monets. I didn't even try. Social Anxiety.

Talking to new people wasn't easy for me. Unless they were introduced to me. Marie had introduced Otto to me. Otherwise, I would have never talked to him. Even though I always thought he was awesome. He used to be the class clown, and so many girls had a crush on him.

"Good morning, Dahlia."

Alexandre's voice stopped me before I could get to the deck. I paused, looking into the kitchen. He was chopping something, his eyes on me. Andros had paused stirring whatever he had been stirring.