43 - Forget

. . .

Dahlia

I watched as the man slumped on the ground, blood pouring out of the wound on his head

I watched as the man slumped on the ground, blood pouring out of the wound on his head. It was like his skull was crushed. He was most definitely dead.

I looked at Andros. He had a thick rod in his hand. His body was almost unmoving. His back was towards me. There were red marks on his torso, as if he had broken out of his chains.

Hedeon's eyes fell on me, but he didn't move. He didn't want Andros to know I was there.

But Andros knew. He turned.

Blood was splattered on him. It dripped down his hands and the rod. His head tilted his head. "Dahlia."

I was shaking. Or maybe the ship was shaking. No, I was the one who was shaking. I couldn't stop.

I felt Lucian stand behind me.

"Back the fuck away," he said to Andros, trying to push me behind him. I stayed where I was, shaking my head at him.

Andros looked at him, and then back at me. "Dahlia."

"Hey," I whispered. "Andros. Will you come with me?"

I, very slowly, reached for the rod in his hand. He watched my hand wrap around it. He let go.

I handed it to Lucian.

"Hey." I stepped forward. Hedeon was shaking his head. I extended my hand again, silently asking him to put his in mine.

He did.

I led him to his room. He laid on the bed with me beside him, the blood on him rubbing on me. And then, his eyes closed.

When I left as soon as I was assured he wasn't sleepwalking anymore, the body was gone and there was no hint of blood anywhere.

It was almost like it had been just a nightmare.

. . .

I threw up, holding my hair away from my face. I couldn't stop throwing up. I needed to wash the blood off me.

"Dahlia, baby, please open the door."

It was Lucian or Alexandre.

"Dahlia, open this door."

Hedeon.

I dragged myself up and opened the door, instantly running to throw up again. My throat burned. My eyes burned.

"Dahlia."

Lucian pulled my hair back, rubbing my back as I threw up. There wasn't even anything left in me to throw up but my body wouldn't stop.

I grabbed Lucian's hand, looking at the star on it. "I-I-"

"Shh." He picked me. "You're okay. You're okay. We're going to clean you up. You're okay."