28 - beautiful

I knew that it was cruel to be so optimistic, but, in my solitude, I couldn't resist the urge and spent entire days basking in idiotic fantasies, sometimes verging on prayer.

- Mieko Kawakami
. . .

Dahlia

The Monet twins walked into my room after knocking

"Hello?" I said, setting my pencil down on the desk. I was reading a novel, and I couldn't read a novel without underlining things. I was a librarian's worst nightmare.

"Hey, baby," Alexandre or Lucain muttered, holding the door open so that Vaness and Bobby would walk out. Bobby gave them a lingering look but walked out anyway, followed by Vaness who didn't go till Lucian and Alexandre petted her.

It was quite late. All of them had been gone most of the day since I came back. I was quite disappointed when they didn't try anything.

Lucian walked towards me, or maybe it was Alexandre.

"Which one?" I asked him.

His lips twisted and he didn't answer. He grabbed me and slammed me against the wall, kissing me deeply. His one hand gripped my wrists, pinning them above my head and the other wrapped around my neck, squeezing.

"I-". He kissed me harder, forcing his tongue into my mouth, his finger tightening around my wrists. My body felt heavy. My thighs pressed together.

I whimpered into his mouth as he bit into my bottom lip, and finally let go.

I breathed heavily, looking up at him. Has he always been this tall and broad? Lucian's blue eyes had the whole ocean in them and they shone like sunlight dancing on the waves. His dark hair fell over his forehead, and his jaw was clenched so hard I thought his teeth might break. His lips were slightly swollen. I knew mine were a lot more swollen.

"Which one are you?"

His lips twitched. "You can just call me Daddy."

I gasped. How did he know?

"The novels you read have some...interesting kinks, Dahlia. All it required was one search." He kissed my cheek.

I squirmed in his arms, eyes falling on his twin. He was standing against the door, watching me with a blank face. He was dressed in dark pants and a white shirt, the sleeves rolled up to show his tattoos and lethal arms. Alexandre.

It could be Lucian, too.

"Baby," the one still slightly choking me said. "Stop resisting."

My eyes narrowed and I struggled more.

He chuckled against my ear. "Is this how you want to play? You want to run, yes?"

"Screw you-"

He choked me harder.