50 - Advices

. . .

Alexandre Monet

Dahlia didn't stop trying to make me talk. I managed to get a few words out, but then my throat would close up. It wasn't as bad as the last time when I stopped talking for three years. But, it could develop to be that. I tried to speak as much as I could to avoid that.

I didn't want Dahlia to think I was weak. Could a man who couldn't even fucking talk take care of her the way she deserved?

"The only thing this all proved is that anyone who comes close to Dahlia is in danger," Andros said. "Probably even you guys."

We were in my office. Dahlia was sleeping in my bedroom. Hedeon was leaning against the door, Andros was lying on the couch, Lucian was brooding near a window and I was on my chair.

"He touched her," I muttered, the words barely escaped my mouth. Why was it so fucking hard to talk?

"Yeah, that's why you lost it," Hedeon said. "I don't blame you for that."

The thought of someone but us touching Dahlia was...well, it made me murderous too. I didn't know I was this possessive. But there was always this need to grab her and tuck her against me so that no one could look at her but me.

Was this too much? Probably.

Andros rubbed his fingers over the bandage on his hand. "Is she sleeping?"

"Yes." She was tucked in my bed, cuddling her ginger demon. Dahlia and Andros had barely talked for days. Andros was bushing himself with work, and Dahlia was pulling away.

We went back to our bedrooms.

I looked at Lucian, silently questioning him because he was following me.

"I just want to see her." He huffed and marched into my bedroom.

I shook my head and followed him in.

Bobby hopped out instantly. It was like changing shifts. He never left her alone.

Dahlia moved, her eyes were closed. Her knee lifted making her dress slide down her thigh, exposing her ass. That little white strip of her panties was barely covering her. My eyes lingered.

I wanted to bite into her skin till she bruised. She had healed up pretty quickly. I wanted to mark her up again.

Lucian paused beside her, looking down at her face. "What is it about her?" He asked quietly. "Why are we so fucking whipped?

I shrugged. I didn't know. I slid into the bed beside her, pulling her close to me. Lucian laid beside her.

"Alexandre," she mumbled. "Lucy?"

"That fucking nickname-" Lucian grumbled under his breath.

Dahlia smiled in her sleep.

I smiled, feeling like I could say a million words to her and they'd still be less.

. . .

"We're going home," I told Dahlia at dinner the next day. "It's my mother's birthday. Lorenzo isn't anywhere near there. It should be safe."

She nodded, eyes on her laptop. She was watching something while sitting on the couch in my office.

I tapped my pen on the desk. She was pulling back a bit too much. Dahlia went through phases. This was her 'alone' phase. It made me fucking miserable. It may have been triggered by what Andros did.

"Dahlia."

"Hm?" She turned her head towards me, her eyes still on the screen.

"Come here."