20 - Complex

"Pain is a friend. It's a tragedy. It's a blessing."

. . .

Alexandre Monet

Her apartment, as adorable as it was, was as unsafe as a place could be. The building was on the bad side of town, there was a club nearby where the crowd didn't seem like the civilized type.

While I didn't consider myself better, I was no threat to Dahlia - even though in the starting I had been reluctant about all of this. Even back then, I wouldn't have hurt her. I wasn't fond of hurting people who didn't deserve it. I simply didn't have time for that.

Hedeon and I had been reluctant. Lucian and Andros had always been ready to snatch her away. Only Noah had been keeping them away, but now he wasn't here.

Her head was snuggled into my neck, her breath hitting my jaw. She was laying on top of me, and she fit quite...naturally into my arms.

And her thighs were straddling one of mine, pressing a very interesting part of herself against it. I could feel her warmth, and that was not helping my hard cock. At all.

I, contrary to how I appeared to be, was not a man of patience. I didn't deny myself what I could have.

But Dahlia...I couldn't have her. I knew she didn't trust Lucian and me as much as she trusted Andros and Hedeon. It pissed me the fuck off, and not out of jealousy.

I just wanted her to look at me too the way she looked at them.

I had, initially, expected her to easily give in. She seemed shy and a bit reserved. Just a woman wound too tight, ready to cut off the ropes holding her hostage.

But Dahlia loved her ropes, and all the restrictions they bought with them. Dahlia thought she was no more than her misery, and that...

That broke whatever was left of my heart.

I rubbed my hand on her back, as I had been the whole night whenever I woke up. Which I did just once because Bobby and Vaness were fighting. Or Bobby was just throwing a fit.

She woke up late. When she did, I was sitting up, typing away on my phone with her still in my arms. Lucian demands regular updates, and I decided to comply because I didn't want him to show up and disrupt Dahlia's sleep.

Her face, was slightly red, looking up at mine. She moved, removing her thighs from around mine, and pressed them together. Well, would you look at that? There was a slight tremble to them.

I could see her nipples through the t-shirt, and the redness of her face traveled down to her neck.

How could someone so angelic be so fucking tempting?

"Now you're shy?"

"Hush it," she grumbled, tugging the edge of her t-shirt down, hiding her thighs. I held back a protest. "I was sleeping. You can't blame me."

"Oh, believe me, Dahlia. There's no blame to give. I quite enjoyed you humping my thigh through the night."

She had humped just a bit.