23 - kill me

"Don't trust the beginnings, truth is told in the last moments."

- Ahlam Mosteghanemi

. . .

Andros Kozlov

"What did I do?" I asked

"Tried to choke me to death," Lucain muttered, rubbing his neck as he stuffed his face with an omelet using his other hand.

I rubbed my wrists. They felt sore. "Good. Maybe you'll bitch a bit less today."

"You should be grateful I didn't break your fucking hands." He pointed his fork at me. "Sleep with Hedeon or Alexandre in the room from now. I need to get my eight hours."

"You're the one who fucking offered," I muttered, grabbing my sunglasses and wearing them. We were on the deck, having breakfast. We always had breakfast here. We needed the sun as we always worked indoors.

"Where is Dahlia?" I asked.

"Hedeon and Alexandre went to grab her," Lucain said, nodding as one of the maids asked if he'd like more orange juice. I watched as she eyed his hands and then walked away when he didn't say anything else.

"I think we need a new maid," I said. "Again."

Lucian sighed. "Yeah, I know. It's getting annoying. We should hire someone old as shit just so she wouldn't fucking stare."

Lucain was...selective about the people he slept with. And he hated it when anyone from the staff tried to get close. Considering his past, I didn't blame him for firing whoever tried anything, especially when it was made clear to everyone at the very starting that he wouldn't like anyone approaching him for anything remotely sexual.

But people liked pushing boundaries and trying to be the exception.

"Someone 'old as shit' won't be able to work, Lucian."

"A man, then," he said.

"He'll have the responsibility of serving Dahlia, too."

"A gay man, then."

"Anyone can easily lie about their sexuality."

"Fuck you, Andros."

"Don't make me choke you again."

. . .

Dahlia didn't come to breakfast. Bobby did.

I watched as he ate from my plate, a bit unsure of what I was supposed to do in a situation like this. Lucian laughed, and then shut up as Bobby ate a bit from his plate too.

"This guy is trouble," Hedeon muttered, pulling Bobby closer to him. He gently petted his head, and Bobby, very reluctantly, decided to let him and not steal food anymore.