30 - The First

"What I sometimes mistake for ecstasy is simply the absence of grief."
- Sarah Kane

. . .

Alexandre Monet

"I think I was too rough," Andros muttered late at night as he marched into my office. I looked up from the watch I was working on and removed my loupes.

"She didn't say stop," I told him. He was used to being hard on himself. "She didn't say yellow. She didn't say red. And, believe me, she can take a lot." I had witnessed that first hand when I was overstimulating her sweet cunt. Even though the little brat tried to get me off many times.

He lay on the couch, shielding his eyes from the lights by throwing an arm over his head. "So what, she just cries a lot?"

"That can be it," I said. "I don't mind."

Her tears turned me the fuck on.

"I don't either. But, afterward, it didn't feel like she was crying because of the spanking."

"Her father is a bitch," I told him. "And she loves him. She and I talked about him a bit. I think she just needed to get a few tears out and found a way to do it. Let's just check up on her regularly. We need to make her open up."

"Yeah," he muttered and then he was asleep.

I continued my work but soon found myself wanting to check up on her. I didn't mind her crying during the scene, but after words...I hoped there wouldn't be a sub drop, and they probably wouldn't. Sub drops happened when the sub trusted the dom. And I didn't think she trusted us that much yet.

I gently opened her door, making as little noise as I could, and peeked inside. She was lying on top of her covers, a candle lit on her nightstand. Her one leg was folded upwards, letting me see a bit of her red ass as the shorts she was wearing were really short. Vaness was curled against her neck. Bobby was nowhere to be seen. He was probably bothering someone on night duty.

I walked deeper into the room and my eyes fell on Hedeon, who was sitting on a chair with a glass of whisky in his hand.

He raised it towards me and returned his eyes to Dahlia.

Lucian was standing at a corner, arms folded against his chest. He didn't acknowledge me. He didn't look away from Dahlia.

We spent the night like that. Vaness joined us. When the sun rose, we left.

. . .

"Will you go?" She asked, standing beside me and setting her elbows on the railing. Her hair fluttered in the strong wind.

"Would you like me to be there?" I asked. "I can easily decline the invitation. You are already taking Hedeon."

"I mean, I'd rather have one of you there, too. You or Lucain. And, Dad invited you. If anything about us ever gets exposed, I'd rather have you on his good side."

"Good side, hm?"

Her father was a pathetic man. I couldn't say that to her. She'd hate me for it. She respected her father more than he deserved. I wonder why she did that. Giving people what they didn't deserve was not something I was familiar with.

"Yes. I'll be there, then. Lucian has something to handle."

"Okay." She smiled, but her hands were clenched. She didn't want to go to dinner, but she felt like she had to.

I just hoped I wouldn't break her family's bones the second they said something unkind to her.

. . .