Chapter 43

IM SO SORRY I WAS MIA FOR AGES I'VE LITERALLY BEEN SO BUSY. SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT BUT I LITERALLY CANT HELP IT 

Anyways... on with the show <3

Ao'nung POV

Ao'nung followed Tsireya back to the marui, a few minutes after their parents; they had both stuck around to talk with Neteyam and Lo'ak. Ao'nung had said goodbye to Neteyam a few minutes before Tsireya was finished giggling with Lo'ak, and they walked back together. 

"You were very friendly with Lo'ak's mother tonight, 'Nung," Tsireya mused to him while adjusting her hair. Ao'nung shrugged.

"I want to know my boyfriend's parents," he shrugged. The word boyfriend  sounded odd on his tongue. When Tsireya didn't flinch, laugh, or stare at him when he said it, he felt a grin pull his lips upwards, and he almost laughed. 

"Well, did you?" She asked, now looking at him. Seeing his wide, toothy grin, she creased her brow. "What?" 

Ao'nung tried and failed to mute his smile slightly, and shrugged. "I think I did well; I'm practising my braiding on his hair from now on," he told her. 

"Practising is generous." Tsireya smiled back at him. "Maybe inflicting would fit better?" 

Ao'nung swatted her head with his hand, and she ducked. They kept walking until they arrived back at the marui. Ao'nung's mother was outside, waiting for them. Tsireya walked inside first, and began getting ready for bed. Ao'nung went to follow but was stopped by his mother saying

"So, Neteyam was very chatty tonight."

Ao'nung turned and raised an eyebrow.

"He wanted to get to know you more. Since, you know, we're together now," Ao'nung responded, shrugging. Ronal nodded. 

"He seemed very eager to assist you in relearning to braid," she continued, smiling a bit. Ao'nung scratched the back of his neck.

"So he's telling everyone," Ao'nung mumbled, sighing. His mother laughed. 

"I agreed for you to spend some time every day learning," she told him, as had Neteyam. 

"Yep, he mentioned that too," Ao'nung responded, trying to sound excited. He was happy that Neteyam wanted to teach him; it was something Ao'nung was always a little ashamed he had forgotten. "How'd you get father do agree to that?" Ao'nung asked her, genuinely curious. 

"He'll get over it," his mother smiled at him. Ao'nung grimaced.

"That's going to be a fun conversation." He groaned slightly. 

"It's something you must learn," she insisted. "You have a lot of hair, you need to take care of it. Besides, it's attracti-"

"OK! I got it!" Ao'nung interrupted her loudly and walked inside, also getting ready for bed.