Chapter 45

I'm writing some of this in a cafe so if it's extra good then it's the energy of this place charging my creative juices. If anyone is in Adelaide (South Australia) make sure to check out Our Boy Roy cafe. They let me sit here for like hours doing homework and only ordering like one or two coffees <3.

YEAH THIS IS SUPER SHORT BUT IM LITERALLY SO BUSY RN AND YALL ARE FERAL SO

'Hey! Bro! Guess what Tsireya and I just did," Lo'ak yelled as he came bounding down the walkway to where Neteyam was weaving a basket, sitting down on the edge with his legs hanging above the water. 

Realising who was talking, Neteyam smiled and turned around, holding up a hand. 

"Be very careful what you say next Lo'ak," Neteyam told his brother, who rolled his eyes. 

"Calm down dude, I'm not as gross as you are," Lo'ak teased, crossing his arms. 

"What is it then?" Neteyam asked, getting to his feet, resting his weaving beside where he sat. 

"We made up!" Lo'ak was practically bouncing glee. Neteyam's fond expression became a wide, enthusiastic grin as he pulled his brother into a very tight hug. 

"Awesome! How'd that happen?" Neteyam asked, puzzled. As far as he was aware, Lo'ak had taken to moping around in misery, not making efforts to restore his relationship. 

"I found her sitting down and I came up behind her-" Lo'ak winced. "That sounds bad. I walked up to her and asked if I could talk to her and apologise. She didn't seem to want to but she listened. I talk a lot, but it worked, because she forgave me! Well, she didn't say that, but she said she trusted me and we- um, well, we're good now," Lo'ak trailed off sheepishly. Neteyam shook his head slightly, smiling. 

"So she definitely knows everything?" Neteyam asked, hands resting on his hips.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I covered everything. At least this time that was my intention, not trying to hide anything," Lo'ak told Neteyam. 

"Well, I'm glad you're not going to be moping around anymore at least," Neteyam sighed, mussing his brother's braids. Lo'ak slapped his hand away. 

"Who talked that sense into you?" Neteyam asked. 

"Surprisingly... Ao'nung," Lo'ak sighed, crossing his arms. "Your sweetheart talked some sense into me." Neteyam laughed. 

"I didn't chase him for his looks alone," Neteyam shrugged. "He has other enticing qualities."

"Yeah like his di-" Neteyam punched Lo'ak's shoulder before he could finish the sentence.