Part 2

I decided to just release the new story parts on this one so more people can enjoy them.

I wanna see Aurora in the next Avatar soundtrack

Don't ask me what the POV is in this chapter. Sometimes there will be a specific POV< but other times it will just switch or be an omniscient POV idrk.

The moonlight was flickering over the water as Neteyam and Ao'nung walked hand in hand along the tree-line bordering the beach. They walked slowly, so as not to jostle themselves too much and could intertwine their fingers comfortably. Ao'nung's favourite part of any night was the bioluminescent freckles that glowed across Neteyam's body in the dark. He sometimes found himself counting them like stars; he had never got past 1,000.

Neteyam's favourite part of nighttime was the moonlight's effect on Ao'nung's sharp collar bone and defined chest. The soft light cast gradient shadows across his boyfriend's body, and they made him look like a statue if he stood still.

The two rarely talked in moments like these. The emotions between them were so loud that there wasn't much room for talking. Sometimes they stopped to lie in the cool sand on warmer nights, while on others they hid in the trees so no one would spot them when Ao'nung decided Neteyam's freckles needed counting again, or Neteyam wanted to trace the shadows falling over Ao'nung's body.

"Neteyam?" Ao'nung repeated. Neteyam blinked, realising Ao'nung had been talking to him.

"Oh, sorry... what?" Neteyam shook his head.

"You alright?" Ao'nung chuckled.

"Yeah, I, um, got distracted," Neteyam told him, looking away from his boyfriend to the sand under their feet.

"I have that effect on people," Ao'nung bragged smugly, grinning. Neteyam rolled his eyes, blushing.

"Bold to assume you distracted me," Neteyam grumbled, attempting to pull his hand away from Ao'nung, who held tight.

"Did I?" Ao'nung whispered, stopping them leaning closer, almost touching his forehead to Neteyam's.

Face burning, Neteyam yanked his hand away and kept walking.

"You were saying something before?" Neteyam segued weakly. Ao'nung laughed at him, accepting the transparent segue.

"Mhm," he nodded, starting to walk once again, grabbing Neteyam's hand again, following. "I was going to ask why your sister came to me this morning?"

Neteyam looked sympathetic "I'm sorry you had to deal with her, I'll make sure she doesn't wake you up like that again," he promised.

"No! That's not what I meant at all, I love your sister!" Ao'nung insisted, surprised at the reaction. Neteyam raised an eyebrow.

"So, what did you mean then?" Neteyam inquired.

"Why did she come to me? Why not wake Kiri or Lo'ak or you?" Ao'nung asked, tilting his head inquisitively. Neteyam was even more surprised.

"What do you mean?" he asked, shocked by Ao'nung's confusion. "You seriously can't tell?"

Ao'nung shook his head and shrugged, and Neteyam shook his head in endearment.

"She loves you! Haven't you noticed her scrambling to sit next to you whenever our families eat together?" Neteyam asked.

"Uh, no, not really...'' Ao'nung trailed off, pausing to think. Neteyam continued.

"You don't think about all the times she is too nervous to talk to you?" He prompted. Ao'nung was starting to feel a little silly for missing these things, but was still unsure.

"You really think she likes me that much?" Ao'nung asked, grinning sheepishly. Neteyam laughed and nodded.

"Don't go getting a big head about it," Neteyam warned.

"I don't know, you might have to work harder to keep me now," Ao'nung grinned wider now. Neteyam shrugged.

"You're confident, maybe I should just let you go; I don't love cocky."

Ao'nung stepped closer, once more stopping their path.

"Liar," he said, whispering again. Neteyam's face began burning again, the freckles on his face glowing slightly brighter. "I know exactly what you like," Ao'nung continued, taking hold of Neteyam's waist, which was burning hot.

"And what's- what's that?" Neteyam asked breathlessly.

"You really need me to tell you?" Ao'nung asked in a low voice, smirking now. Neteyam nodded, looking up at Ao'nung.

"You love it when I'm cocky. You like me initiating things you're hoping, wishing for." Neteyam was hanging on Ao'nung's every word. When Ao'nung kissed him, he didn't even think that Neteyam noticed until he had pulled away. Going down from his tip-toes, Neteyam gasped softly as his heels hit the ground.

"Was I right or was I right?" Ao'nung asked smugly. Neteyam was too breathless to respond, so Ao'nung took is as a yes.

They had returned home late that night, so Ao'nung was asleep when Tuk, and this time Neteyam also, woke him up in his marui.

"Ao! Come play at the reef! Neteyam doesn't want to play unless you're there," Tuk pleaded, already pulling his hand.

"Okay, okay, Tuk! I'm coming!" Ao'nung yawned, glancing at Neteyam, who was grinning.

"Told you," Neteyam shrugged, and Ao'nung laughed, holding onto his blanket a little too tightly. He motioned for Neteyam to lean in, while Tuk yanked his arm to little effect.

"I'm not wearing anything," Ao'nung whispered. Neteyam's eyes went wide, and he lost some of his breath.

"Um, Tuk. We'll give you a head start to go hide at the reef, since we'll probably find you really quick anyways," Neteyam told her, receiving a tongue poked out at him.

"You will not!" Tuk put her hands on her hips, and then ran out of the marui as fast as her little feet could take her. Once she left, Ao'nung stood up, letting the blanket fall off.

"Wha- woah dude," Neteyam gasped, jumping and turning around.

"'Dude' again? Seriously Seashell, you're cute, but we can't keep going like this," Ao'nung yawned, scratching the back of his neck.

"Let me know when you're dressed, stupid," Neteyam responded, facing the marui.

"Am I that unpleasant to look at?" Ao'nung pouted to Neteyam's back. "You can look, Tey, if you want," Ao'nung told him, gently pulling on Neteyam's shoulder to turn him around. Neteyam pivoted slowly, looking determinedly at Ao'nung's face.

"You coming, or..?" Neteyam prompted, nodding to the entry, where Tuk was probably already at the bottom of the reef, or back up and watching for them to come after her.

"Yeah, yeah, one sec," Ao'nung told him, bending down to pick up his tweng. Neteyam couldn't stop his eyes from falling quickly, but he brought them back up very quickly again. Ao'nung pulled that insufferable smirk again when he noticed Neteyam's flickering gaze. "Did I distract you again?" he asked, folding his arms, still holding his tweng. Neteyam rolled his eyes, attempting to distract from his blush.

"I'll see you there," he shrugged, turning on his heel to leave, before Ao'nung grabbed his wrist and pulled him closer. "Ao-" Neteyam gasped, free hand immediately going to Ao'nung's chest, resisting slightly.

"Is this okay?" Ao'nung asked, hands going to Neteyam's waist, releasing his wrist. The outer corners of his eyes squinted, making his smile lines more prominent. Neteyam had his head tilted up to look into Ao'nung's eyes properly.

"Yes, it's great. It would be even better if my little sister wasn't waiting for us to come find her," Neteyam pointed out. When Ao'nung began moving, Neteyam reminded him; "Dressed, preferably.

"Right," Ao'nung grinned.

"See you there," Neteyam rose on his toes and kissed Ao'nung, leaving the marui.