Part 3

MK this is kinda obvious but I've never thought about it before and it seems crazy to me now; the past tense of seek is sought? wtf? idk what i thought it was but i never connected those dots.

Ao'nung POV

After several hours of chasing Tuk around the reef and then over the sand when they were drying off, Ao'nung walked to breakfast with Neteyam holding his hand and Tuk on his shoulders, babbling to ilus that were trailing under the walkways stretching between maruis. They arrived at the outdoor seating where the rest of their families had congregated already. Kiri was talking serenely to Rotxo (he always managed to be present at these things), who was hanging on her every word. Neytiri was discussing something with Tsireya, who was earnestly nodding, but covered her mouth and giggled when she saw Ao'nung. Lo'ak was, coincidentally, talking with Ronal while his and Ao'nung's father conferred, looking serious as ever.

Tuk skipped over to Kiri, and sat between her sister and Tsireya. Ao'nung followed her with his eyes, and Neteyam smiled to himself watching his boyfriend look at his sister so fondly. Grasping Ao'nung's hand, Neteyam lead him to the end of the table, near Rotxo and Lo'ak. Both boys gave raised eyebrows to the couple, but before they could even deny an explanation, all four parents turned towards them and did the same.

"Um, we went for a walk," Neteyam said at the same time as Ao'nung blurted out

"We went to play with Tuk."

Neither pair of parents seemed impressed, so the couple shrugged and smiled, letting go of each other's hands. The adults collectively sighed in slight amusement and some disbelief, especially from Neytiri; as she had already seen Ao'nung return with Tuk once, and had probably figured what happened. Thankful she didn't bring it up, Ao'nung nodded to her, and turned to Rotxo, waiting for his friend to relinquish his attention from Kiri.

The meal passed without incident. Partly due to the fact neither Ao'nung and Neteyam nor Lo'ak and Tsireya were sitting next to each other, so there were no inquisitive, knowing, or disapproving looks from any of their parents. There were, however, many glances between the four. Ao'nung smirked at Tsireya several times after he spotted her trying to mouth something to Lo'ak, who was half-listening to what his brother was saying. Ao'nung was quickly subdued by Lo'ak and Kiri, who raised their eyebrows at him when they saw him leaning excessively far over the table to listen to what Neteyam was saying. Tuk was bragging about her 'victory' over Ao'nung and Neteyam to Kiri who was smiling, trying to eat while Tuk grabbed and shook her arm repeatedly. Ao'nung raised his hands in surrender when Tuk announced to the table how easy it was to get away from him, and that even she could have caught herself quicker than that.

"Perhaps he should get an advantage next time?" Kiri mused, hoisting Tuk onto her lap now that she was done eating.

"I'll bring my ilu," Ao'nung replied, shrugging.

"Nuh-uh! That would be no fair!" Tuk immediately objected, clearly outraged at the possibility of not winning.

Ao'nung once again, raised his hands in mock surrender and Tuk stuck her tongue out at him. Ao'nung retaliated with as much maturity as anyone expected; by sticking his tongue out at her.

Take A Break from Hamilton is playing rn and i have an excessively strong urge to write a cheating trope but i wont...

After the meal, the kids dispersed to patch of greenery that protruded from the tree line to the shore. There were several of these outlying patches along the beach; dirt mixing with sand, leaves dancing from the branches leaning over the water. Ripples collided under the overhanging branches as leaves fell into the water in the wind.

Tuk was attempting to clamber up a tree taller than the others. She was struggling, since the tree had no branches within reach and the bark was extremely smooth. Many trees around the beach were; the high tide wore the bark into a smoother surface than the trees the Sully family were used to climbing at home. Tsireya and Lo'ak tried to help by clasping their hands and letting her step into them so they could hoist her higher. Eventually, she managed to grasp onto the lowest branch and flipped herself up on top of it. Tsireya clapped as Tuk laughed and accidentally swung under the branch again. She eventually managed to plant herself on the branch and begin to climb higher.

Lo'ak lowered himself to sit against the tree, and held his hand out to Tsireya. she took it, and allowed herself to be pulled down to sit in between his legs and lean on his chest. Ao'nung and Neteyam were sitting on a very low branch that stretched over the water and dangling their legs in the water. Neteyam was facing the water while Ao'nung was looking towards his sister and Lo'ak. Tuk had now managed to climb higher and was now sitting over the boys, waving to Ao'nung. He winked at her, and then looked at Tsireya and Lo'ak.

His sister was looking up at Lo'ak, who was leaning his head over hers slightly, so he could see her face. His braid that was always left out of his hair tie dangled in front of her face, and she flicked it. Lo'ak flinched, and then tapped her nose, and she smiled wider, giggling quietly. Tuk was now waving at her, and Tsireya waved back.

"Look!" Tsireya suddenly exclaimed, pointing out over the water. Ao'nung turned and almost fell into the water. He would have, if Neteyam didn't grab him around the waist.

"You alright?" Neteyam asked, smirking at him.

"I am, thanks to you," Ao'nung replied, and winked at him. Neteyam leaned in, but the anticipated kiss was interrupted when Tuk screamed.