Chapter EIGHT

Dean called everyone gathered at the gym to hear his announcement. It has been a week since Noah and I were first suspected of Grace's death, and naturally, practically everyone believes that we are to blame. I bite my tongue as I see Noah smiling at me. I'm still troubled by the possibility that he is the perpetrator, so I made the decision to keep going to proceedings until I could prove his guilt or innocence. I have been observing his movements covertly for the past few days, and to be honest, other than his bipolarity, I didn't see anything unusual.

I gave him a satisfied nod as he waved his hands enthusiastically in my direction.

"Dear students! You are here to gather because of the field trip this coming Friday. The wavers will be distributed by the SSC officers, and we strongly need the parents consent within tomorrow." He continues to inform us about the activities he was planning and even introduces the faculty members who will be escorting us for the trip. Dean wasn't coming, but Miss Jamisson was. Nawala ang gana ko makinig nang siya na ang nagsasalita sa unahan para paalalahanan ng mga rules and regulations during the trip. I busied myself looking at my nail when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Can I talk to you?" said Hunter. He was not looking at me but at Miss Jamison, but I'm pretty sure he was talking to me.

"What for?" I annoyingly ask.

"Don't worry, it's not about my feelings about you." My gaze automatically switched to his face. He was not in his clingy aura this time, but instead he was very serious, like deadly serious. I sighed deeply, thinking that maybe he just wanted to blame me too for Grace's death.

"I've received the ugliest and most brutally possible words for the past week, Hunter. Your words are not going to hurt me anymore; quit it," I said.

"I am not blaming you, Liv. I am actually giving you the privilege to prove your innocence by finding out who really drugged Grace," he said. I cleared my throat.

"As much as I wanted to clear my name, the investigation is closed, and I have never gotten a chance to see the autopsy result," I said.

"You have a hacker friend, right?" tiim bagang ko sana siyang lilingunin nang pihitin nang kamay niya ang panga ko at derekta akong pinatingin sa unahan kung saan nakatingin sa akin si Miss Jamison.

"Meet me after this at the library. Bring your friend with you," he stated before walking away from me.
My mind was blown up by the conversation with Hunter. I didn't even get a chance to ask why I had to bring Noah. But I'm naturally curious.

Following the announcement, I realized that Noah was following me as I entered the school library. Many of the pupils have already entered the lecture hall as the lesson has begun. The SSC officials, including this bitch Miles, who rolled her eyes at the sight of me, are the only students still present in the library. Hunter has asked for both Noah and myself to be excused. I'm not sure how in the world he managed that, but it seems like he uses his position as President of the Sport Team. After noticing our arrival, Hunter, who was positioned at the librarian's desk, gestured for us to follow him.

"He wanted us to follow him," Noah whispered at nauna pang sumunod kay Hunter. Muli ay lumabas kami nang library hanggang sa makarating kami sa tapat ng maliit na office. That's when I confirmed na ginamit nga niya ang pagiging ST President niya para sa pag-uusap na ito.

"Get in." Hunter opens the door. It was a small office and messier than I thought. Kuha ko naman na magulo talaga ang buhay nitong si Hunter, but I didn't expect his personal space to be this messy. Nagkalat ang patong-patong na varsity uniforms at kahon ng mga sports shoes and other sports necessities, including some protective gear, bands, knee straps, a net, a ball, and even an energy drink that has been piled up higher than me.