Chapter FIFTEEN

Liv POV...

After ten exhausting hours, I get anxious thinking about Noah's whereabouts.

I slam my close fist down on the tree with such force. Now, students are departing from the camp. A few chose to remain and help the police in searching the camp. The two detectives heading the police team begin their search even outside the site, although I doubt they will be able to locate them anyplace in the woods.

Julius appears so naive. He is still not paying attention to what this scenario's more correct outcome is. However, I don't want to be a hypocrite like him, so I started looking for hints and details from the previous few hours. Nevertheless, I discovered nothing useful. I could feel the rage rising inside of me as I started to worry so much about Noah's.

"Go home Oliv~ia"

I bit my lip so hard that I could taste my own blood. I need to concentrate. I have to locate Noah. I inhaled deeply, closed my fist once again, and punched the three repeatedly. My injured knuckles gushed blood, so I sat down and tried to find out what felt like that. However, it appears that it is no longer functional.
In an instant, I thought about Noah's embrace, which calmed me down in a matter of minutes.

So it's gone? physical pain doesn't help me anymore?

I glance down at my gushing hands. Despite the seriousness of the wounds, I have not felt anything. It is merely emptiness and numbness. I'm most afraid of this. This numbness is a result of bravery's ugly side being muted in this situation. I wish not to pass away. I want to live and have hope that one day my world will be full of flowers and rainbows, even though death is my only option. I cannot deny that I still think about it occasionally, even though I find it quite difficult to accept that. I'm seeing myself in that ideal situation. believing that I'm still worthy of happiness.

"I'm sorry, Liv; I'm here now," Noah's word reverberated in my mind. And just like yesterday, he quickly, without any effort on my part, healed my heart. With only barely a thought for him.

So, with determination to find Noah, I stand up and get myself back to composure.

Hanggang ngayon, wala parin akong lead. Ngunit kung si Mr. Marcello nga ang may pakana, anong ibigsabihin nang mga notes na ipinadadala niya? Natatandaan ko ang parehas na pangalang lumabas sa food sender at sa anonymous bank account na pinagpapadalahan ni Mr. Marcello ng milyon-milyong halaga.

Rebel, these names are unfamiliar to me, but she seemed to be the piece missing from this puzzle. Nevertheless, I make every effort to discover some information in my memory from before the nightmares I experienced, but I am unable to do so. I feel as though I have no recollections of the time before my mother passed away.

But maybe that's what the note is talking about. Maybe there is really something needed to be unleashed, but on the other hand, I can't indeed turn back.

The files and list that are now strewn all over the desk catch my attention once more. I try not to think negatively, but every hour that goes by, I can't stop thinking about Noah's situation. I get nervous thinking about how Miles and Grace passed away. The notes and Noah's tags don't lead me to the location, therefore I'm not sure how to discover the theme. And the thought of losing fifteen pupils makes me furious.

I took the medical records back and started going over the documents. I've already done this a hundred times; what now should I do? All of the things listed below are natural sources of disease. When you consider it, it seems as though an epidemic breaks out and sickens every youngster in the Young Ville. However, there is one feature about the disease that baffles me. According to the article, they were all admitted following their exposure to an unidentified substance. Not much else is known about that either, so this might be something bigger.