Chapter TWO

The first person who I kind of like is Dean Ramirez. Maybe since my uncle is the top investor in the academy, he always made sure that my records remained spotless despite my multiple detentions.

"Miller, you know I can't always save you," he said. His aura seems to be more troublesome than worrisome.

"Yeah, you told me that a thousand times, but you always ended up saving me," I murmured. I let my disinterest show without giving his presence any thought.

"Yes, and this time I'm really not going to save you. You know Miss Jamison is the head of faculty here, and she has the very right to denounce you," sambit niya na ikinataas ng kilay ko.

"Miller," he said sighing while rubbing his temples.

"I'm aware of your uncle's investment in this academy, but I can't keep helping you out if you're going to continue acting this way," he said seriously.

"I'm not even asking you to save me," I said coldly. He rested his back on the chair while closing his eyes tightly. Tumayo na ako at agad na dinampot ang aking bag sa katabing leather chair.

"I need to suspend you for a week or two; it depends on the faculty members decisions." I sighed, keeping myself from laughing. Sana pala dati ko pa itong ginawa kung suspension lang pala ang parusa ko.

"In addition, you also have to do cleaning service for the whole day, today." My smiling inner self stops after hearing those words.

"I'm not going to do that," matigas na saad ko, but only he shook his head, sapat para iparating sa aking wala na akong magagawa pa.

"I'm sorry, Miller. It's better this way than kicking you out of this school," he finally remarked and all I could do was start mentally berating him. I'm taking back what I said before. I now despise him over anything.

I was passing the receptionist hall when I noticed the same guy this morning. He is not wearing his fast food uniform, but a dark blue mix with a white and yellow polo shirt indicates the word BSIT at his back. He was talking to the receptionist. As I recall, she's the same woman who gossiped about me from her fellow receptionist about my behavioral issue at this school. She even added overrated stories, which makes me hate her to the bone.

"Ma'am wala po akong 60,000 pesos na pambayad sa tuition fees. Idagdag pa ang books at supplies. May mga pangangailangan din po ako gaya ng pagkain at iba pang living expenses. I can't afford my dorm room. Without my scholarship, hindi po ako makakapag aral. Bakit bigla-bigla naman po nawala and scholarship ko?" he asked the receptionist calmly, but the woman looked up at him with disgust on her face.

"Oo sa katapusan ng buwan dapat mabayaran mo lahat 'yan, kung hindi ay maaalis ka sa academy na ito," she uttered. His face showed nothing but concern. It looks like he's about to cry any moment now.

"Hindi ka sana mamomroblema nang ganiyan hijo kung nag-aaral ka nang mabuti. Bihira lang ang nakakakuha ng scholarship tapos sinayang mo lang. Hay! Mga bata talaga ngayon napaka pabaya sa pag-aaral," sermon sa kaniya ng babae na lalo lang nakapag pa bagsak ng balikat ng lalaki.  I rolled my eyes, looking at the woman at the reception desk. Her words don't help people; instead, they bring them down even more to the ground. Ewan ba bakit may mga taong hilig may bigay ng opinion sa mga bagay na hindi na nila sakop lalo na sa buhay ng ibang tao. They will keep saying something as if they are a perfect human being. Sana nananahimik nalang sila dahil wala namang pakinabang ang kanilang mga bibig.

I do not claim to be a saint, nice person, or kind person—I am none of those things. I have trouble controlling my emotions, and the only feeling I can articulate is anger—all other feelings seem to be nonexistent.