Chapter TWENTY-THREE

I awoke in a dark room with just a bed and a single sofa. I inhaled deeply. When I tried to touch my leg after I sat down, I discovered it was now carefully cast, and the pain was tolerable.

"You're awake," said Anton as he entered the room, carrying a cup of coffee.

"Did you stitch it?" He shakes his head when I ask.

"No, I don't have that kind of thing inside my house."

"So, how did you treat me? It's not that painful."

"Staples."

"Wait, what?

"Ayaw mo magpadala sa hospital diba? That's only we can do. It doesn't hurt as badly because Noah gave you an anesthetic shot this morning, but you should still be caution because if you move too forcefully, the wound become open. " Buntong hiningang napa-iling nalang ako dito.

"Where's Noah and Waxton?"

"They're out."

"They left me here?"

"Yes, and it seems to be related to the other victims, as many of them passed away last night."

"What?!"

Agad akong tumayo, hinablot ang aking pantalon at dali-daling isinuot iyon.

"Oh-no-no-no, easy honey, you're still injured."

"Do you really think I care about that?" Taas kilay kong sambit at dali-dali ng lumabas. Sumunod ito sa akin bitbit parin ang kaniyang kape.

"Waxton's right, matigas nga ang ulo mo," bulong nito na hindi ko na pinansin pa.

"Do you have a car?" Sa halip ay tanong ko.

"None," sagot niya. Inilibot ko ang paningin sa kaniyang katawan at masamang tumingin sa kaniya ng mapansin ang susi sa kaniyang tagiliran.

"What the- Olivia!" sigaw nito ng hilahin ko sa kaniyang bewang ang susi.

"F*ck Liv, do you even know how to use that?!" he yelled when I yank into his motorcycle.

"I can learn!" I yelled and then I started the car and drove off.

I spotted them at Cliford's room at the hospital after driving directly there. Not only that, but there are three other police officers inside as well.

I was startled to discover a bloodstain on his bed, the walls, and the floor. I can tell he's dead by the way his corpse is lying face down on the ground, unmoving.

"Liv, what are you doing here?" I ignored Waxton. Hinanap ng mata ko si Julius at agad na hinila ito palabas ng silid.

"We have to move right now."

"I know- I know." Halata ang pagkabalisa at kaba sa kaniya kaya pinigilan ko ang sariling magtaas ng boses.

"Put in your work with Waxton here. Look for something that could point us in the direction of Thana, and keep the public out of this."

"Don't worry; I will receive all of the information right away. Ako na ang bahala." I nodded as he stated.

"Alright, Noah and I shall first ensure the safety of his family. Then, let's meet on campus." Tumango muli siya kaya tumalikod na ako ngunit bigla akong may naalala.

"Wait didn't we have a victim name Sophia Benedict?" I asked, he nodded.

"Yeah, she died yesterday." Nangunot ang nuo ko. Masasalita na sana ako ng lumabas si Noah mula sa kwarto ni Cliford kaya iniwan ko na si Julius at hinila si Noah.