Chapter SIXTEEN

(TRIVIA: Schizophrenia experience auditory hallucinations- usually hearing voices. Schizophrenia also refers to both single condition and spectrum of conditions that fall under the category of psychotic.)
.
.
.

THIRD PERSON POV...

"The hallucinations happen when you hear voices or noises that aren't there. The sounds you hear may seem real, but they're not. They're from your body, your mind, or from anywhere in the space around you. They can occur as frequently as daily or as an isolated episode. But whatever that voice is telling you, don't listen to it. They are not real, Olivia. It's just your hallucination."

Olivia looked up and stared blankly at the old woman. Miss Martin, the orphanage psychiatrist. It was actually her second session with her since the day she became an orphan. And even though it is only the second time, she saw the boring days ahead of her every day at session.

"What are you saying, Doctor? Am I crazy?" she asked blankly. No expression can be seen in her eyes. It was all dull and emotionless. The psychiatrist sighed.

"No, you're not Olivia. What I am saying is you are experiencing schizophrenia. Pagkatapos nang lahat nang mga pinagdaanan mo kaya nakakabuo ka nang mga nakakatakot na imahinasyon. Your trauma makes you hallucinate, so you have to do what exactly I will tell you to do."

"And what is that, doctor?"

"I need you to stop believing that voice. It is not real, so don't believe it. Understand? No matter what it says, don't believe it." The small girl nodded courteously, persuaded by the woman's remarks,

However, things aren't going as she had hoped.
The voice grew progressively deeper, speaking in a language she was unable to understand. She fears she might not wake up again, which keeps her from falling asleep. For a young child like Olivia, the days and nights get worse. Until her only option is to commit suicide.

She slit her pulse, welcoming the fear of death, but no, since pain reminds her to live, even though she was fully determined to flee the reality of the monster's chase. Additionally, discomfort may have a considerably dull voice. Like it was her own personal shield. It conceals her ears, body, and soul, or at the very least, eliminates this hideous voice.

Even though she made it through the day, Olivia could see that something wasn't quite right. That not even she can understand. She began symphonizing with herself at that point. She knows that's the only way to find out the truth, even though it hurts to revisit those memories.

Her mind began to race with questions. What ultimately led her mother to take her own life? Why did her father turn into a killer? Why are her brother and aunt supposed to die? When the glimpses of opportunity present themselves. With caution, she grasped it.

Olivia learns that the orphanage was receiving monthly visits from her parent's attorney. inquiring in private how she is feeling mentally. Her ailment was not disclosed to the priest or nun, so she was able to appear normal in front of the orphanage psychiatrist until the doctor concluded that she had recovered completely.

The day she was expecting the lawyer to appear was precisely when it did. describing to her the fortune her family has left for her. She became a billionaire at the age of 16, but only Olivia and her attorney are aware of this. She hands over management of the business to the lawyer in exchange for his help with her new identity and publicizing her death. She is able to have an average life in a little Youngville town despite her young age. Inspire optimism that the voice will stop pursuing her. However, as they say,
"There is no turning back."