nine.

𝐈 woke up with an aching pain in my lower back

𝐈 woke up with an aching pain in my lower back. The couch wasn't as comfortable when you lay there for the night. I didn't open my eyes yet, I just wanted to lay there and think. I felt something tickling on the side of my face, it wasn't water but it felt like someone was softly blowing against my face.

Then I remembered that Lando was sleeping next to me. I slowly opened my eyes but didn't move my head. I was laying on my left side facing Lando, he was laying horizontally on the couch.

For the first time I could see all of his features. The small freckle on the right side of his face. And another one on his left cheek. His long lashes were resting as his eyes were closed. Hiding his grey eyes. Somehow in different light his eyes could look blue or green but mostly a light shade of grey.

He has this tic when he sleeps, he kinda twitches with his cheek.

I don't know why I noticed this all so much. It gave me a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I should watch out for this feeling.

I got up softly from the couch and walked into the hallway. My clothes from yesterday were still on so I wanted to change into something else and to go for a run.

"Walking out on me now, huh?" Lando jokingly yelled from the living room.

I went back into the living room seeing a wide awake Lando Norris.

"I'm going for a run. You're welcome to join but I would watch out for your arm."

"I'm not running on my hands Imogen." I playfully rolled my eyes and walked to the door.

"Be ready in 10 and we'll go for a run." I yelled as I walked out of the door.

The weather was very gloomy but the perfect for a run. I got up to my house and went to my bedroom to change clothes quickly. Just a simple pair of leggings and a sports bra, on top of that a black sweater.

I had a smoothie in my fridge so I drank that quickly before going out the door. Lando was already waiting for me outside. He wore some dark grey shorts, a black shirt and on top a quadrant hoodie.

"Where to sir?" I ask in a posh accent, as I walk up to him.

"I say we take it slow in the beginning and then jog to the little beach?" He suggests. Lando put out his arm inviting me to put mine around. Still imitating the posh people.

We didn't talk the first couple of minutes. There wasn't much to say but it was a comfortable silence. So we just looked around our surroundings.

"I know what series we can watch this week." Lando spoke up. I looked at him waiting for him to continue.

"Ted Lasso."

"Sounds good. How about I cook something for us tonight." I suggest.

"Alright."

It wasn't very busy in town. The weather was becoming gloomier by the second. It didn't bother me. I run in the rain thousands of times, only to blow of some steam. By the time we knew it, Lando and I arrived to the little beach side of town. There was a small cafe, so we decided to sit there for a bit.

As the most British people we ordered a simple tea and besides that a scone. I hated eating bread in the morning, a simple yoghurt or smoothie was good enough for me. And it's much healthier. But a scone was never bad in the morning.

"What's your biggest ambition mr. Norris?" I ask while twirling my spoon trough my tea.

"Definitely becoming world champion." He confessed. "It may be happening sooner than everyone thinks."

"How so?"

"I've been speaking to other teams. But you can't tell anyone." Lando lowered his voice a scoots over to my side.

"I won't."

"Oscar just signed until the end of 2026 because of my decision to leave McLaren." He sighs for some reason. "It's been my family for years but it's keeping me away from dream, and redbull is the team that can help me."

"REDBULL?." He shushes me.

"Congratulations." I give him a side hug. "But where's checo going?"

"Probably alpha tauri or something." Lando shrugs it away and takes a sip from his tea.

I decide to finally eat my scone. I didn't want to bother him with questions. It was good news and i'm gonna make a special dinner tonight to celebrate.

"When we run back, i'll get groceries for tonight okay?" He nodded as response.

We talked for a bit while finishing our drinks. We actually jogged back now and went separate ways. I went to the supermarket and Lando went home to get ready for the rest of the day.

I wanted to make something that was fun and simple not too much. I decided to grab stuff for homemade pizza and a side salad with it. When that was all bought I walked back to my house and immediately went for a shower.

My outfit for tonight was a black body with jeans and some simple sneakers. But it didn't matter much because we are just gonna eat dinner and watch the series.

When I was changed and did my small amount of makeup, I decided to check my messages. Olivia and I still texted the last couple of days. But she was working a lot and I was with Lando. A couple of texts from friends and my parents. I answered them all. Before I closed the app Charles texted me.

He asked if everything was alright and how Lando was doing. I just answered short saying everything was good and asked how he was doing. Charles texted back saying he was very good and was getting ready to go for lunch with friends. We quickly finished our conversation.

I got some work done on the computer and finally got into college for interior designer. Another thing to celebrate with dinner. I got a bottle of wine and put it with the groceries. I grabbed the bags and walked out the door, to Lando's house.

-

Next chapter there is gonna be some flirting because I feel like it's taking them so long to do that.

Also I have those gut feeling that Lando is leaving McLaren this season, sooo I wanted to put the idea in the story.

x