twenty-three.

CANDLES AND LIGHTS ON IN THE LIVING ROOM

CANDLES AND LIGHTS ON IN THE LIVING ROOM. The rain softly tickling on the windows, and the curtains closed. An old movie playing on the background, and a good book in her hands. EVERYTHING WAS GOING OKAY FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS.

Imogen took her focus from her book every now and then, to drink some of her tea or see what was going on in the movie. She played it just to have some noise in the house. She didn't feel entirely alone, but it felt nice to hear some voices in the background. Although she missed Lando's presence dearly.

She remembered the nights where they would read together at night. It felt rather lonely now without her reading it to him. It made her feel less motivated to read a book. Imogen laid the book down next to her on the coffee table. She folded the blanket that was wrapped around her, and put it in the back of the couch. Imogen grabbed her tea mug and put it in the dishwasher. She turned off the television and was turning off the lights, until someone rang the doorbell.

It wasn't particularly late in evening, around eleven, but no one she knew would come over. Imogen peeked through her curtains and walked to the front door after. HE WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF HER. Not just in a dream like she had these past days. He was drained from the rain outside, his hair was hanging on his forehead and his face looked drained.

"Come in." She ushered him inside the house, closing the door as fast as she could. "What were you going so late outside?" Imogen asks him.

That's when she noticed the water on his cheeks weren't rain drops, but tears. He had been crying, not long because his eyes weren't that red. She took a stepped closer and opened her arms to invite him for a hug. Lando hugged her as tight as he could, his head buried in her neck. Imogen wondered what was going on with him.

"I honestly can't take this pressure." His sentence a bit mumbled, as his face was buried in her neck. Imogen asked him what kind of pressure. "The pressure of becoming world champion and doing it all by myself."

"Because I left you." Imogen admitted it.

"I just need someone by my side, and I want it to be you." He says. HER STOMACH TURNED FROM HIS COMMENT. He wanted her to be there with him.

"I'm not gonna run away from you anymore." We departed from our hug. His cheeks were a little red from all the emotions.

"Do you promise to stay, always?" He asked her dead serious. She wasn't gonna let him down again.

"ALWAYS."

All of a sudden her crashes his lips against hers. The heat of his body felt comforting to Imogen. She missed everything about him. She smelled the familiar scent of his cologne and rain from outside. He was still drenched in the rainwater but she couldn't care less. Lando pulls back a little and their kiss ends.

"I may be making the biggest mistake of my life, but I couldn't care less." He whispers softly.

"I won't make you regret anything." Imogen promises him, and their lips meet with each other again.

He picks her up by her waist, butterflies filling Imogen's stomach. Her legs were wrapped around his waist now. In between kisses she noticed they were now upstairs in her bedroom. She wasn't gonna make him regret this. She wasn't gonna leave him anymore.

"Fuck, I missed you so much." He lies Imogen down on the mattress, leaving wet kisses on her neck. A year later and they both still felt the same.

 A year later and they both still felt the same

⤷ Yes sir, I posted again!! A short one though. My writers block is slowly disappearing. And I'm getting so much motivation to write again.

I've been reading some books in between: THE INHERITANCE GAMES series, are such good books. I'm now on the third book and then I'll need to read the fourth one.

I'm kinda team Grayson rn:) but people say he changes so much in the final gambit so I might end up being team Jameson.

Vote+ comment<3