sixteen.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 warm Monaco air hit my face when I walked out of the airplane

𝐓𝐇𝐄 warm Monaco air hit my face when I walked out of the airplane. The sun was so bright that I had to squeeze my eyes because of it. I got my bag quickly from the luggage pickup and walked through the airport. Lando texted me that he was waiting for me at the exit near my gate.

He wasn't hard to spot in the crowd. Lando wore a blue shirt and some white shorts. A pair of expensive sunglasses resting on his nose. He had a sign up with my name as a joke. I picked up my pace a little and went over to him. He engulfed me into a hug when I was in front of him.

He smelled like his familiar cologne and like the beach. He already told me that his apartment was close to the beach, so that would be the reason.

"How was your flight here?" He let go of me and took over my suitcase.

"No sleep and a crying baby for more than two hours." I sighed when we exited the airport into the parking lot.

"Well you have plenty of time to relax this week." We arrived at his car, Lando opened my door and then put my suitcase in the back of the car. He then got into the drivers seat.

"This week is going to be great." He exclaimed in excitement.

It was so cute seeing him so happy. After that letter in his notebook, it would be hard to imagine being happy when everything reminds you of it.

"Here's the aux." he handed me the cord and I plugged it into my phone. I opened the spotify app and went to my favorite playlist. It was full of Coldplay songs, so Lando would know the songs.

And if it was destined yellow immediately started playing. Lando and I looked at each other with a big grin on our faces. Lando started driving on the streets of Monaco while singing the song with me.

His hand eventually left his clutch and landed on my thigh, giving me an electric feeling through my whole body. I looked to his side but he was focused on the busy road. So I turned around to my window and started sightseeing. I've never been in such rich looking country. I mean London has its posh places, but this is a whole new level.

The big buildings, which were mostly museums, shops or casinos. Don't even get me started on the restaurants.

We eventually stopped and I didn't notice it. We were in a closed parking garage. Lando had eventually took his hand back to grab the keys out of the car. So I opened the door and got out as well. Lando grabbed my suitcase and held it. I protested to give it back but he wouldn't.

"You're my guest, so i'll take care of your luggage." His thick British accent coming through. I gave up and he held the suitcase with him.

We took the elevator up to his apartment. When the doors opened from the elevator, I was met with a hallway with two doors.

"The left door is to my apartment." Lando pointed to the left door and walked to the left door, while I followed.

He opened the door with the same keys from the car. Lando let me step inside first and then went in himself. He put my luggage next to the door and took his white sneakers off, I did the same.

"Welcome to your house for the next couple of days." Lando presented his house as we walked in further. His kitchen was connected to the big living room that had big windows, showing the city of Monte Carlo. There was a door next to the kitchen that was one the left side, and two doors on the right side of the apartment.

"Your room is there on the left and the bathroom is connected to the room." He pointed to the left door "Everything you'll need is in there, including a view of the city."

"Thank you." I grab the hand of my case and walk to the guest bedroom. The room is bright and has minimal decoration. A grey bedframe, a closet, a carpet and some decorations on the nightstand and walls. The left side of the room is all window, so you could see the whole city.

I walked back into the living space. Lando was sitting on the couch scrolling on his phone. I decide to sit next to him.

"Max asks me if we want to have dinner with him and his girlfriend?" He asks, lowering his phone to face me.

"Max Fewtrell, your flatmate?" I asked him.

"No Verstappen and his girlfriend Kelly Piquet. It will fun." He says. I try to remember who Kelly Piquet is, but remember she is a model on instagram after a second.

"Of course." I say.

Lando starts typing on his phone again, probably texting Max about the dinner.

"Well, that's settled." Lando says as he puts his phone down "What do you wanna do for now?"

I think about it for a second. A nap sounds really good but it wouldn't be fun for Lando if I went to sleep. A game or going to the beach, maybe get a coffee.

"Do you wanna get a coffee?" I ask him.

"Sure, let's go." Lando gets up from the couch and extends his hand out to me.

"Let's go on my vespa, it's better on the streets." He says and grabs two helmets out of a closet. He gives me one and grabs the keys. We take the elevator down to the private parking lot and get on his vespa.

It didn't take long to get a coffee, we ordered and took it for take away. We then went back to Lando's flat too relax before the the dinner. We both eventually took a quick power nap.

This already felt like one of the best weeks in months. I couldn't wait to see what's coming next.

-

A short one today <3

Vote+comment