twenty.

(this is in third person so you know)

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 felt suffocating on Imogen's lungs

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 felt suffocating on Imogen's lungs. THE TEARS felt heavy on her eyelids. THE SILENCE was only filled by her sniffles and heavy breathing. THE TANNED BODY next to her still fast asleep.

It has been way too long since Imogen has had a anxiety attack. She even stopped taking her medication for it. The whole situation started when the problems with her parents began, and stopped when she met lando. But THAT picture could ruin everything between the two.

Olivia had texted Imogen awake because of the time difference. It wasn't a normal text. It was a link to a picture that could ruin something so precious to her. A picture showed up from Friday. Charles and I walking around the paddock, laughing, smiling and giving each other hugs when we greeted each other. The media made it look like we had a secret relationship. Whilst they didn't care about the pictures of me and lando in the paddock.

Underneath the picture stated: CHARLES LECLERC AND FRIEND GET COZY IN THE PADDOCK OVER COFFEE. None of it being the truth one bit. Imogen remembered how the two talked about the people they met. Him being happy with Alexandra, and Imogen happily with lando. She wondered if Charles had seen the pictures yet.

She was surprised lando didn't awake from the uncontrollable breathing and the crying. Imogen was happy it didn't wake him. He had a big race day ahead of him here in Qatar. She didn't know what to do other than go on a run. Not running like going for a run, but running away. She didn't know better. Just like she did with her parents, she ran away from the situation.

This is gonna crush lando's heart. But it felt like she was protecting him. When it got too hard for Imogen she ran. Before she changed her clothes and packed her bag. Imogen wrote a heartfelt note next to the bed. Telling him it is for the best and explaining the photos with Charles. It sounded dumb when she read it back, but it wasn't just the media situation. She couldn't handle everything that came with being in a situation ship with Lando Norris. How is the media gonna react to them ACTUALLY being together? Imogen remembered all the tweets about the f1 wags. Fifty percent good comments and fifty percent negative.

She felt bad for leaving him behind whilst he was asleep. A small smile on his lips and face relaxed. He looked so peaceful. Imogen decided to add another thing to the letter. Telling them that in a year she will send him a letter. A letter to try again when her mind is cleared and when he finally achieved his goal with red bull. Because she knew that Lando is gonna be the champion of the 2024 season. She added that he isn't obligated to anything and doesn't have to respond to her letter in a year. Imogen finally had the courage to say it to him. She loves him.

Imogen immediately regretted it when she walked out of the hotelroom with her luggage. A couple of people looked at her tear stained face. Even the receptionist had a judging expression when she gave back the keycard. Imogen had ordered a uber to the airport. She was relieved that the driver didn't feel like talking to her. She knew lando would think that she broke his trust. And she wouldn't blame him. How could someone you love just leave. But this felt bigger for her. Mental health, her studies, the pressure from the media. Imogen knew she couldn't handle the media.