twenty-one.

THE RAIN HAS BEEN POURING FOR DAYS

THE RAIN HAS BEEN POURING FOR DAYS. England has never been the country that has the best weather. It's the most bipolar country in case of weather and climate. But Imogen has always liked the autumn. The orange leaves on the ground, the time to wear sweaters and drink tea after coming outside. Driving back home from work in the rain, blasting her favourite songs was the best of all. Everything was good in Imogen's life. She met new people, was close to Olivia again and finally worked her dream job after going to college. Her courses didn't take long, so she could started working immediately after.

Leaving Qatar last year around Autumn was the best decision, she might have made.

Lando hadn't called or texted the weeks after she left. He didn't try to contact her in any way. Maybe it was for the better that they didn't speak. He blocked her number, so she couldn't call or text him. He didn't block her on his social media for some reason. They didn't unfollow each other. Imogen was still looking on his page once in a while, as did Lando. Charles was the only one she talked to from the drivers. Not much but they still spoke.

Imogen promised Lando to write a letter a year from leaving him. She wondered if it was even necessary writing one. He didn't want anything to do with her. She knew it.

In first months of the new formula one season, he came off arrogant and aggressive. Mostly in his driving. It payed off because he was the lead in the championship, fighting with Max for the champion title. Imogen knew it was his dream to become champion. She also remembered him telling her that he didn't wanna be alone. And yet she still left. But it didn't seem like he cared.

A month after leaving, Lando was all in the tabloids with a girl around his arm. She couldn't care because if she didn't left, she'd be the one with his arm around her. Every time he went out it was a new girl. Imogen couldn't blame him.

She hadn't tried dating this year. Imogen was busy working till late and didn't have the time, nor wanted to date someone else that wasn't the curly brunette.

But there she was sat.

At her desk in the middle of her office. She worked late every evening, while nobody was there. It was kind of comforting no one was there. She was writing one of the most important letters, she'd maybe ever written.

Imogen looked hopeless at the blank sheet. What was she gonna write? How are you? Do you still want me after a year of ditching you? Of course he isn't gonna respond to that.

Dear Lando,

It's been a long time since i've had contact with you. And maybe it's been for the better. I've achieved so much in just a year, and look at you! First in the championship fighting with a three time world champion.

I know you wouldn't want to write back or seek contact with me. I wouldn't if someone pulled that shit on me. And this wasn't a right way to do that to you.

I promised to you that I would write you. I still want to try things with you like I promised in my letter. We're both a year older now, more mature. I've seen you mature on tv a lot. I still watch the races. Only to watch you win, because you do, almost every week. I'm so proud of you honestly.

I ended my last letter saying I loved you. I did love you. And maybe I still do. I want to figure it out with you.

You don't have to write me back, maybe you don't even live in your home in England, where I will send this letter to and your house in Monaco.

Love,
Imogen

LANDO THREW THE LETTER IN THE GARBAGE BIN. He didn't care what see felt, it only made him more angry. DOES SHE THINK I'LL FORGIVE HER? He thought. He was becoming world champion in a few weeks. Lando wasn't gonna focus on what Imogen felt.

He wanted one thing.

That damn championship in his new team.

Red Bull has been treating Lando very well. He felt more at home than ever. His life had changed ever since competing with Max. More money, girls, more recognition for his skills and a better car.

He knew that Imogen was finally working her dream job after college. He still looked for her in every once in a while. It was hard to forget her. He even called some of the girls he was with, her name.

Lando grabbed a piece of paper from a desk and a pen. He wanted to keep it short and simple.

Imogen,

I honestly couldn't care less. Please don't send me letters. They will all end in the garbage bin.

It's been a year, get over it! Because getting over you was one of the hardest things I ever did.

lando.

⤷ I'm so tired but I wanted to write something quick

I'm so tired but I wanted to write something quick. I'll write more after exams lol.