twenty-four.

MENTAL HEALTH IS THE ONE THING LANDO STRUGGLED WITH. It was easy for him to find out when it started. The struggles between his school and karting. Always being away from home, with a father who shouts at you and only cares about his son's performance. The mental and verbal abuse from his parents. The feeling of always being alone and not trusting people, because of his youth. He hated his childhood. It made him feel like a complete mess, hearing his friends about their parents and their bonds, made him jealous and, most importantly angry. It wasn't fair how he was treated.

He longed for the feeling of being loved. Not by his friends or his fans, but by the one person he loved the most. That is when he met the Imogen on the tube. He secretly hoped that she would drop something on the flour, so he would have a reason to talk to the girl. A year later meeting each other at the Coldplay concert. Singing to each other and the one song they loved the most, yellow. Then meeting her at the photoshoot for McLaren, which he suggested her as photographer for.

He had finally found the feeling of a loving person in his life, besides his fans or friends. It was a different kind of loving feeling. The months of being together felt like an high. Oh and the beach day. He kissed her for the first time, and took her to Monaco a couple weeks later. Showing the city he wished they could live together,  for now. Lando wanted to forget all about that day in Singapore. The horror of waking up all alone again. At first he thought she was on a run, but he checked to see if her gym clothes were in her luggage. To only notice the suitcase was gone, with all her stuff. Only leaving behind a note.

He felt utterly alone again. He had waited for love almost his whole life, and it left. That Sunday was the worst day of his life. He showed up to the paddock with blood shot eyes. Carlos noticed when they ran into each other. Lando couldn't hold back his tears nor anger. He had to race that day without a support system. His anxiety came back as well as a light depression. The alcohol, races, girls and clubs took away the thought of her. He knew it got bad, when he called another girl by Imogen's name.

Lando still checked her social media for updates. He was proud of her, graduating from her studies earlier and starting her new job. He saw her house designs online. Mostly modern houses but with a country style touch. One time when they read the notebook together, he promised to buy her a house, only if she designed it.

Then her letter arrived at his apartment in Monaco. He didn't dare go to his house in England. He was scared to run into her, because their houses weren't far apart. All the emotions he felt reading that letter, were too much. He was angry that she had the guts to send a letter. Sad because of the lonely feeling he felt. Happy because he they could maybe save their "Relationship". Lando wrote a harsh letter back, letting her know to get over him, just like he did. But everything in that letter was bullshit. He wanted her more than that championship.

After the party, he really how important she was for him. Lando needed her.

If Lando wins in Qatar, he'll become a formula 1 world champion. Even thinking about it made Imogen so proud of him. His weekend in Las Vegas was alright, like lando said. He finished P2 and Max P1.

After that night at Imogen's house, their "Relationship" got stronger. He trusted her more bit by bit. It felt like nothing had changed between the two of them. Every kiss, hug or just a simple touch made it feel like old times.

The two spend the free week in Monaco together. Lando took her to a nice restaurant and went to the beach after their dinner. With her heels in hand and lando his jacket around her shoulder, she romanticised every bit of this night. As they walked along the coast, Lando kept looking at her every now and then. Like he was planning something big.

"I love you." He blurted out. Imogen stopped walking, which made Lando's arm drop from her shoulder. "I feel confused sometimes about us. But I know that I want it to be official." Not a single word came out of her mouth. Imogen didn't know how to respond other than surprised. She knew she loved him, she told him in a letter.

"Is that what you want?" He asks hesitant.

"Lando Norris, are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" Imogen asked him, a big smirk on her lips. "If so, yes."

He grabbed her softly by her hips. Imogen put her small hands around his neck. His eyes looked much more blue in the color of the sunset. He was beautiful, she felt so lucky.

Lando leans towards her ear "I can't wait for tonight now you're my girlfriend." His sentence made Imogen's body feel on fire. A soft color of red formed on her cheeks. Lando plants a kiss on her forehead, then going lower until he arrives at her neck.

"You'll have to wait until were home." Imogen pushed his head away from her neck. A groan escaping his lips. Boys will be boys, she thought.

She leaned into his ear now to whisper "Just wait until you're champion." Imogen leaned back making eye contact with him. A smirk on his face plastered. With a satisfied smile, she let go of him and started to walk off the beach.

"You can't just say that and leave me here standing." He yelled out behind her, trying to catch up with her.

⤷ I didn't want to make this too sappy or too big of a deal

⤷ I didn't want to make this too sappy or too big of a deal. It's cute that they made it official on the beach. Just like they had their first kiss lol.

I think after lando winning his championship,i'll start wrapping up the story and start a new one. I'm on break for a week now, so more time to write.

So I'll need you guys to vote: a mason mount fanfic or another lando one?

Vote+ comment <3