twenty-six

"Karting? Before a big race?" Lando watches the karts ride along the track

"Karting? Before a big race?" Lando watches the karts ride along the track. He had his helmet under his arm and his racing on.

"It's a good distraction for tomorrow." Imogen put her hand on his shoulder. A big smile forming on her lips. She wanted him to have a distraction, so his mind wouldn't go to wrong places. "You'll beat me, so that will be fun."

"Alright, let's do a couple of rounds around the track." It wasn't a big circuit, just a normal karting track for fun. The couple walked over to the counter to grab a suit and a helmet for Imogen.

Imogen quickly put the red suit over her own clothing. Lando helped her with the balaclava and helmet.

"Your head is too big." He laughs as he pushes the helmet down my head. He earned an eye roll from his girlfriend. "Kidding it fits perfectly."

The group that was already karting, stopped their session for the couple. The night was beautiful. Lights lit up the whole city of Las Vegas. The track was lit with big lights focused on the track and the rest was in shadows.

Lando helped Imogen get settled into her kart, and explained all the basics. After he got into his own kart.

"Let's do a couple of rounds to practice." Lando started riding his kart. Imogen not fat behind him.

She was still struggling with braking and steering. It was already pretty tough for her, so she couldn't imagine racing in a formula one car.

"Imogen Let's stop at the start." Lando yelled towards her kart. She could barely hear him because of the helmet and distance.

Both karts stood on the finish, starting line. "Okay. Three laps and the first one over the line wins." He suggests.

"Get ready to get your ass kicked." He laughs, receiving another eye roll from his girlfriend.

"3...2...1" Imogen pushed the gas with the feet before lando said go. She heard some yelling from behind her but ignored it. He was already gonna win, so she wanted a head start.

The first few turns were alright, she slowly drifted a couple times whenever she would turn. Imogen didn't look back for Lando. She would probably get distracted by him and forget about winning the race.

Lando overtook Imogen on the end of lap 2. It was gonna happen in one of the three laps, may as well now.

He eventually won as expected.

Lando got up from his kart and jumped up with joy. He had won races, and he's happy about this win? Imogen thought to herself. It made her smile seeing him so happy. She walked over to him and congratulated Lando.

"Congratulations sir, you are a winner." Imogen mocked a posh accent. She received a giggle from lando. He put his arms around her for a hug. He needed this distraction.

"Your gonna be a world champion tommorow." Imogen muffled against his chest. "I'll be in the garage cheering for you." She hugged him a little tighter. Imogen really believed in him.

"I love you Imogen Woods." He kissed her on the side of her temple.

His nerves died down but in the pit of his stomach was still the worry for the race. What would his father think if he doesn't win? Or his mother. Imogen would think he failed...

The pressure on his chest got heavy all of a sudden. He remembered this feeling from all of his panic attacks. The sweat was already on his forehead and back. His hand were trembling and his vision got blurry. Lando felt his body crash down on the ground, his knees breaking the fall. A soft hand was felt on his back, but he could only focus on the thoughts in his head. His breath became heavier by the minute. Growing Imogen's worry.

She didn't know what was going on with him. All of a sudden he stopped talking and fell to the ground. Shaking and heavy breaths. She decided to sit in front of him, not too close because of his breathing. Imogen put her hands on his shoulders to ground him a little and give him stability.

"In...and out..." she breathed.

Lando could hear a faint voice in his ears. He decided to listen more and focus on the voice. He started to do as the voice told him.

Breathe...

His vision started to go back like normal, his breath started to calm down more and more. Imogen put one hand on his chest to feel his breathing.

"Just keep breathing Lando, it's okay." Her voice calmed him down. When she noticed he was almost back to normal, she grabbed his hand and waited for him to speak.

"This is the first time someone got rid of my panic attack so fast." He spoke.

"Let's just get you to the hotel and rest. It's already stressful enough tommorow." Imogen helped him on his feet. She put het arm around him and they walked to the parking lot.

"I'm proud of you." She tells him.

The warm feeling of comfort filling his chest. He loved this woman with all his heart.

 He loved this woman with all his heart

- OMG SO SORRY FOR NO UPDATE!!

I've been so busy and I didn't have any idea to continue the end of this book. But I'll try to post more now!! My writing is kinda sloppy bc it's night and I'm tired

I'm starting with my new book daydreamin' about lando after this book is done.

Vote+comment<3

Xoxo