4 - Raison D'etre

POV - Elysian

"Did you read it?"

"No"

"Why not?"

I raised my hand and slapped him on the arm, hard.

"OW, WHAT ON PLANET EARTH"

"I was just making sure you were not a hallucination"

"We will NOT be going through this again, Ellie"

"Only my friends... friend gets to call me Ellie and you, are not my friend"

"Okay then Ellie, let's read it then"

I sent a sharp glare his way, it was enough to shut him up. His eyes flickered due to my firm responses, maybe his understanding of me wasn't as qualified as he'd imagined.

The silence became more perplexing as it grew on and on until his small talk began again. I cut him off as my curiosity sparked again, the unknown of Kai was so intriguing, yet his seraphic quality added a calmness to him.

Where did he live? Did he know any other 'guardian angels? How did he get the pitiful job of looking over me?

"What's so confusing about what I just said, you know who I am," he replied smugly as if reading my mind "what more do you have to know?"

"Okay then, can you read my mind?"

"No, and I'm glad I can't," he uttered as I scoffed.

"Have you always been around, like have you always been watching me?"

"Yes, since you were born."

"Isn't that a bit creepy?"

"Yes. It is, but as your guardian angel it is my responsibility to look out for you, ever since the age of 2, you've became my top priority" his eyes glistened in a state I couldn't decipher.

"Tell me one of my earliest memories, so I can believe you"

"I don't know if you remember but you were in... Actually, never mind you've loved fruit loops since you first caught sight of them. I honestly don't know what you see in them."

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, whatever. Why do you get to be my guardian angel and not anyone else? I'm already sick of you."

"All guardian angels are randomly assigned to a human."

I opened my mouth to speak but hesitated and Kai took this chance to talk again.

"No more questions about me. Let's move onto the more pressing matters."

I frowned but nodded.

He grabbed my sweaty palms with his warm touch and refocused the now crumpled paper into my view. I was rather dubious but briskly began to read through the attentively written text.

The title read 'Raison D'être' and with the help of my partial knowledge of French and my keywords book knew it meant reason for existing.

1) Socialise better with other: talk more openly about your problems

"Absolutely not" I said, shaking my head more furiously.

"Just keep reading" He grunted in annoyance.

2) Try find a hobby you enjoy.

"I don't really like anything that much; my only hobby would count as being bored in the hospital"

"You like writing, don't you?"

"Eh, that's debatable."

3) Use your list of special words for some writing