18 - Tacenda

POV - Elysian

"Nora" I called out, pulling my black mask further up my face as I ran towards her.

It was a necessity now as apparently my health was not doing so well. But I was content with my way of living.

I had enjoyed our picnic on the rooftop, our miniature trip to the restaurant and even the school dance.

There was so much I was yet to experience, and my upcoming 18th birthday would give me the freedom, I've always wanted.

Surprisingly, time had whizzed by and there was only 2 days until my Birthday.

Kai had seriously kept me busy, as I usually counted down the days I had left until my birthday.

It had only been 2 weeks since I had met Kai and he had honestly showed me so much. Even if Nora had given me the chance to leave the hospital, I would've feared what was beyond the hospital walls.

Kai had shown me so much more than I had ever dreamt and the field trip, he had planned for today is something I was looking forward to.

They let me out after multiple scans, saying something in a pitiful tone about a failing immune system.

My joy was too much as I spotted Nora in the corridors, standing with a few other people.

She turned around, recognising me and she weakly smiled her way, but the dark bruises which were etched onto the side of her face, made me abruptly stop.

My jaw fell open, as my eyes quickly connected with Kingston, and a teenager, who I assumed was his sister.

"Nora" I said, as my hands shook, her smile seemed pained. "Nora, it's okay you don't have to smile for me."

I slowly grabbed her hands, aware we were attaining a lot of attention with our interaction.

"What happened?" My eyes teared up a little watching as Nora struggled to speak.

My love for Nora was at its peak as she comforted me with a gentle compress of her hands.

"It's okay now. We're all safe now..." she murmured more to herself before, telling me about Mason.

Knowing that Mason, had the audacity to lay his disgusting, puny hands on Nora made me shudder, involuntarily.

I gave Nora a tight warm huge, and a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you for sharing that with me Nora, I know it has been hard, but I promise It'll get better. What happened to him?"

"He was arrested before I woke up and, unfortunately I couldn't kick him in the ball."

I chuckled to myself before I watched as Nora winced, in an attempt to grin.

I gave her one quick squeeze before Nora spoke.

"Let's not talk about that anymore, he's not worth our words"

I looked up admiringly, Nora was honestly such a strong woman and I had never been more proud.

She was a motherly figure... scratch that. According to me, she will always be my mother.

"Oh Ellie, I have to tell you. Me and Doctor Collins are..."

"You and Anna are..."

"Together"

"Toget... Wait REALLY? THAT'S AMAZING NORA. I think now is a good time to tell you, that I have shipped you and Anna since-"