19 - Súton

POV - Kai

TRIGGER WARNING - DISTRESSING CONTENT

***

This was my fault.

All of it.

Every little thing that's happened to Ellie was my fault.

And now I have to face the music. I've always had to face the music since it's always been my fault.

I know she won't live past 18. It's always been my stupid actions that had risked her life.

And now I'm going to kill her.

I wanted her last few days to be memorable in her afterlife.

But now, all she'll remember is pain and misery.

Her birthday is on the 17th of June.

And today was the 15th.

I had drove frantically to the hospital, fighting past beeping cars and angry drivers.

I had called Nora through Ellie's phone, warning her of Ellie's situation.

Her panic resonated through the phone, and I held onto Ellie's hand, ignoring the pain when she dug her nails into my hands.

Her screaming was brutal and a tear broke through my brave demeanour as I was truly terrified of what would happen.

I knew what would happen.

Ellie would die.

On her 18th birthday too.

Súton, the approach of death was close. Really close.

I swallowed harshly, wanting to put an end to her misery.

I had pulled up and Nora had successfully dragged Ellie onto a stretcher, screaming tasks at other staff.

She scanned the car for the driver, and frowned but turned away, putting Ellie's life before the mystery.

She rolled Ellie away her screams still echoing through the hallways. I held her hand, as something was injected into her skin.

Tears pedalled down her beautiful face as her skin turned an irritated red. She clutched strands of her hair, and I feared she may make her scalp bleed by tearing chunks out.

This was my fault.

She disappeared into the ICU and watching anymore could finally end me.

I was supposed to help her.

Guide her.

Assist her.

Guard her.

But I was incapable of doing so.

I had put her through so much pain, all because of my stupidity.

I should've obeyed the rules.

Rules are there for a reason, If broken, then consequences must be faced.

At this moment precisely, I would've done anything, absolutely anything to rid Elysian of her awful trauma.

Her screaming decreased down to a devastated pant and then to a cry.

This was all my fault.

Some of her words could be heard clearly.

"Please Nora, It's never been this bad. Please just kill me somehow PLEASE NORA PLEASE DON'T WALK AWAY NORA PLEASE."