1

I was currently sitting in my mothers room, watching her

I was currently sitting in my mothers room, watching her. She looks exhausted I wish more than anything to take her pain away. Why her? It's not fair. I sighed and got up to kiss her forehead. "Vai bene a scuola ragazza Mia." She whispered quietly.

I smiled and nodded at my mom she smiled back at me and watched her close her eyes again. Please let her live another day god. I went to my room and got my things for school and went downstairs.

"Matteo I'm ready for school. Tell my father I'll be home around 3:30." I smiled at Matteo who was my fathers driver. He drove me to school and I dreaded stepping foot in this hell hole.

I made my way to my locker hoping I would at least get a few moments of silence before people started pestering me. I'm not a morning person and I tend to come out cranky when spoken to and then later on I feel like a total bitch.

I make my way to my friends who usally sit in the library in the mornings, our friend group consists of Sydney, Jackie and Olivia. They ignore me at first except for Olivia who smiled at me. I sat there while they spoke about their new crushes. Aleksandr and Dimitri Ivanov.

I'm okay with Dimitri, Aleksandr is a whole different story. That boy gets on my nerves like no other. "Cynthia, what are you wearing?"  Sydney asks me with a snarl. What's wrong with my outfit? "Umm clothes?" I responded which made her scoff.

"You look hideous and fat in that skirt." I looked down at what I was wearing. I thought I looked cute in my black skirt. Olivia looked at me with sympathy. "You look cute Cindy."

"Why are you lying to her Olivia? What type of friend are you if you lie to her. Seriously Cynthia you look huge in that skirt."  Jackie said

"But I love her outfit I don't see nothing wrong." Olivia tried to defend me I smiled at her and got up to walk away. "Thanks for the advice girls no need to fight. I'll burn the skirt when I get home."

I made my way to my class and sat down trying not to let my mind wander into those dark clouds. But I couldn't stop it fast enough, my leg started bouncing up and down. I want to go home.

She's fine Cynthia, she's strong she'll make it. She has to, I still need her.

I snap out of my thoughts when a loud laugh comes from the door. Aleksandr is laughing at something a girl said. I don't get how he's always happy it makes me sick. No person is that happy. God I want to punch him so he can shut up.

Upon seeing me his smile actually drops. Good keep it that way. "Smile Kotyonok" he says as he sits behind me. That stupid nickname I had to search it up after he said I look like a kotyonok, it means kitten. Why the hell he calls me a kitten I'll never know.

"Leave her alone Alek it's too early for your bullshit." Dimitri says from beside me. You see I have way more in common with Dimitri than his obnoxious arrogant brother.

"For your information my voice is beautiful, everyone wants to hear me talk to them." I roll my eyes and hope the teacher gets here quickly.

Class was such a drag, honestly I zoned out the whole time. I hate this place,  I should  be home with my mother and my cat. Yes that right there is the definition of peace. "Holy fuck you're smiling." I glared at the interruption and it was none other than Aleksandr.

"You don't shut up do you? I despise you Aleksandr with your constant yapping In everyone's ears leave me alone and zip it." I looked at how his smile slowly fell with each word that came out of my mouth.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll stop." He picked his bag up when the bell rang and I felt bad.

I feel a tug on my hair and turn around to see Dimitri glaring at me. "You know maybe you should get that stick out of your ass and be nicer to people. Maybe then they'll like you." Dimitri got up and walked away. Okay ouch.

I went to the cafeteria and spotted the girls. "Ugh she's so annoying I don't know why we continue to be friends with Her." Jackie says and I furrow my eyebrows. "Who?" She flinched her eyes wide. "Umm hello? You can't just sneak up on people from behind, it's creepy!" I shrug my shoulders and sit down.

All conversations died. "I heard you made Aleksandr upset. Why would you do that?" I frown in confusion. "He's a grown boy stop babying him." I scoff and take a bite of my food. They all glare at me and I get up knowing I was unwanted at the moment.

I was walking down the hall and exit the building to the outside. I usally go and sit on the gardens bench, it's more peaceful and beautiful there.

I sat down and continued to eat my food, and texting Antonio my butler  updates on mom. I see a shadow from the corner of my eye and I sit up quickly.

I look to where I spotted the figure, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I screamed, a hand went over my mouth and I look up to see Aleksandr with a grinning face.

"Woah you scream loud, imagine in bed." I glare at him and shove his dirty hand away from my face.

"What are you doing here you nasty freak." I picked up my food that had fallen. "Oh me I come here sometimes when I need musical inspiration." I looked down at his guitar he had in hand. Fuck that's hot.

"Well this place is taken up, find some place else." I sighed and looked at my phone when a message arrived.

Antonio: she's fine as of now she's making you your favorite cookies. Although she was throwing up quite a bit when you left.

Focus on school Cynthia.

I sighed and I felt like curling myself into a ball and cry for hours.
"Can you play something if you're gonna stay here? It's too quiet"

He smiled and sat next to me and started playing his guitar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Let me know what your thoughts are. And who you like so far in the book.

Lot of love.