28

Something is wrong with Olivia, she's been distant, quiet, and spaced out

Something is wrong with Olivia, she's been distant, quiet, and spaced out. She's been sleeping over my house for the past few weeks.

I think it's her dad, he never drinks anymore, but he's just angry all the time. He constantly yells at Olivia from what she's told me.

I've checked her body for bruises but she's okay. I'm worried though, last night she slept over and cried to me. She cried asking me how a parent can hate their kid when they're supposed to be their rock.

I cried with her, and my dad came in and hugged us both. He told Olivia she can live with us, soon she'll be living with us. It's better for her mental health.

I feel it though, it's like something will happen and I have been feeling restless over it.
-Cynthia R.

I stop writing and look up at the tv changing channels, the news came on a crash accident so I left it there. I stood up to put my journal away when my heart absolutely shattered. Just her name being mentioned made me freeze.

Breaking news:
Olivia heart daughter of wealthy businessman Gerald heart has passed away in a fatal car crash along with her father, Gerald heart. They were hit by a drunk driver resulting in a horrific collision.  All parties involved died on the scene. May they rest in peace our condolences to loved ones and family. I'm Susan Mack your reporter for this evening.

I drop to my knees my breathing coming in and out sharply.  No, no it can't be her. That can't be my livvy. My vision is blurring and my door slams open my father on the phone looking at me with sorrow.

I run to my phone on shaky legs and turn it on. I had one messages from Olivia, and one voicemail.

Livvy: My dad didn't care about me moving in with you. I'm so excited cinthy!
1:45

Livvy: I love you to the moon and to Saturn Cynthia, I'm sorry I can't  hold on anymore my body hurts, I just wanted to let you know you were my person, my sister, my entire world.

I can hear her wheezing and then the line went quite.
1:50

I dropped to my knees and called her five times all of them going to voicemail. "Fucking answer! It's not you. they have the wrong person." My dad walks over to me tears in his eyes.

"Cara Mia, I'm so sorry." No. I'm shaking my head. "It's not her! She can't be dead.they have the wrong people dad. "  He bends down on his knees. "Cynthia it's them, I'm so sorry my love."

"Dad. I..." I break down into the loudest sob I've ever let out. Cynthia was more than my best friend. She was my sister, we grew up together. We met when we were five and since then we became inseparable.

"Take me to Aleksandrs house please." My dad nods and I quickly go downstairs and run to his car.

I can't stop crying, I can't get her shaky voice out of my head. I keep calling her but it goes to voice mail. By the time I get to Aleksandr house he's running outside to hug me.

"Cynthia darling, are you okay." I cry harder and he leads me inside the house. I sit down and look at Aleksandr "where's Dimitri?" There's a loud crash and yelling.

"Destroying his room. He's not okay ." I go upstairs and peek inside Dimitri's breathing heavy. When he looks at me he drops to his knees and for the first time ever I see Dimitri cry. "She is gone" he let's put a defeated sigh.

His shoulders are shaking and Aleksandr immediately goes to comfort him. "She's gone. Why does it hurt so much.. I make it stop alek. I don't like feeling.." he breaks down into another sob and I go towards them.

"I'm so sorry Cynthia." Dimitri hugs me and we both cry in each others embrace. I don't think I can't take this much grief.

My mother, and now my best friend. God isn't real, no god would put a person through so much pain.
I stand up and go downstairs. My father and Mr. Ivanov stop talking and stare at me with worried gazes.

"We need to plan her funeral. And make sure her coffin is sage green, that was her favorite color. And I want to go home dad."my voice breaks at the end.

My dad nods and leads me to the car. "Cynthia?" I ignore my dad and stare ahead. Olivia was the one person who understood me, she was my rock and I was hers.

. "I'm tired dad let's just go home please." I wipe the tears and look out the window.

——————————————————
Author note: sorry, I'm crying my eyes out. It's necessary for Dimitri's character. And from the start I mentioned that Olivia was not a long term character, I loved her so much which is why it hurts to off her character.

Delilah will finally be introduced.