20

I go upstairs get showered and then look for my parents

I go upstairs get showered and then look for my parents. I go to their room and my heart drops. Dad is tear stained and looking out the window. I look at mom who looks very pale, but upon seeing me she smiles and I instantly walk to her side.

"Mama what's wrong? How was the doctors visit." I stroked her cold hand gently and prepared myself for the news that would probably break at my heart. "Don't worry Cara Mia, I love you so much." I swallowed the lump in my throat knowing she's dying faster than I expected.

I looked at dad who turned away and walked out. My mother sighed and patted the spot next to her. I climbed carefully onto the bed and looked at her scared of what she was going to confirm.

She had tears in her eyes and I immediately began crying."Cynthia baby please don't... I have a week left with both of you." She whispered quietly and my heart completely shattered. A week.

"I want you to know that I'll never completely leave you, I'm in your heart forever. And your dad be patient with him, he's going through it as well." I nodded and wiped at my tears. "I don't think me and dad can bare being in a world without you, you're my mom I... I still need you." She pulls me to her chest and I let my tears soak her shirt.

"I know Cara.... But You guys are strong, don't stop living your life because I'm gone. You especially I know you'll make it without me Cynthia. Trust me you have people who will burn the world along side you." I laugh at that last statement and she punched my arm.

"Ow what was that for" I rub my arm sitting up and narrow my eyes at her. "You think I don't know you like burning things down. I'm your mother Cynthia." I smile and looked at my mom who had tears in her eyes.

"What if dad moves on?" She rolls her eyes and looks away, "you set that bitch on fire. I don't care how selfish I am he can't move on from me." At her statement I burst out laughing with her and my dad walks in laughing as well.

"You heard dad? Mom will haunt you if you move on." He shakes his head and sits on the bed right next to me. "I would never move on, you two are the only girls allowed in my life." I smiled at his words and took in shaky breath knowing these were the last moments I will have as a whole family.

Soon it will be me dad and a lonely house. "I want to wear a sage green dress for my funeral, and lay me down by the willow tree you proposed to me Antonio."

I squeezed my eyes shut not wanting to think about my mom six feet under. "Grace... please." Dad said with a shaky voice "I'll be fine, you guys have to let me go." Her voice cracked and she finally broke down crying. My mother is afraid I can see it, "I don't want to leave you guys yet. But I'm in so much pain." She manages to say on shaky breaths.

My dad gently picks her up and hugs her to her chest, we're all crying. My family won't be the same ever and we all know it. We stayed like this for hours until I finally got up and placed a blanket over my parents who were asleep in each others embrace.