31

Time jump

"Shoot" my dad says as he clutches his side

"Shoot" my dad says as he clutches his side. "Don't need to ask me twice." I shoot at the people who shot at us, "they're all dead we need to get dad help," Dimitri says from my earpiece. Fuck I look at dad who passed out. I quickly check his pulse and sigh when it's still there.

"Bring the car up and help me lift him, notify the hospital." I say and start applying pressure to his wound. Dimitri pulls up and gets out and helps me lift dad up into the backseat. "I can't believe we're missing the first days of senior year."

I get into the drivers seat and floor it. Dimitri smacks his head when I turn and I burst out laughing, "you drive like shit." He says and then curses me out.

"Drive faster Alek he's losing too much blood. Oh god." I step on the gas and then pull up to the hospital.

The nurses are already outside as I had called them. They get my dad into a gurney and rush him inside. "That was intense let's pray he doesn't die." Dimitri sends me a glare and I sigh leading him to the restroom.

"Im going to be sick." He says as he stares at his bloody hands. I quickly help him wash his hands scrubbing fast. Dimitri has never been good with blood it makes him queasy,hence why he sticks to computers. "Thank you." He pulls me into a hug and I stand in shock.

I hug him back quickly before he pulls away. I'm still getting used to his small acts of affection."Anytime twin" he rolls his eyes and walks away, he so loves me.

We sit down in the waiting room and I snack on a bag of chips while answering Nikolai as he sends a pic of Cynthia with Delilah. I show the picture to Dimitri and he smiles.

"Operation get Nikolai and Delilah has just begun brother." We fist bump and laugh. Over the summer we all grieved and enjoyed life to the fullest per Cynthia's request.

And who am I to deny anything my girl wants. We spent our summers in the beach and we all learned to surf. She wanted to feel closer to Olivia by surfing. So there you have me getting surf lessons.

me and Dimitri became closer than ever. He confides to me about everything now and even hangs out with me all the time. If he's not in his room he's most likely in mine. It reminds me of when we were younger and would run to each others room for comfort. We fixed our issues and realized we were both stupid.

A woman walks towards us and smiles at us. "Family of Mr. Ivanov?" Me and Dimitri nod and she smiles. "Your father is recovering he's in a room the bullet didn't hit any important organs. You can go in to see him."

She leads us to his room and checks some charts before leaving. I stare at my dad and then poke his cheek to make sure he's not dead.

"Thank god Dimitri we would have been orphans for sure." Dimitri laughs and hits my shoulder. "Not funny, I was shitting bricks."

"I'm glad you guys love me so much." My dads raspy voice speaks up and he sits up as if he wasn't just shot. "Dad lay down you'll hurt yourself." He shrugs and goes on his phone sending a quick message and then looking at me and Dimitri.

"I'm so proud of you both." I smile and look at Dimitri who let's put a small smile. "Anything for you dad." He nods and then a doctor walks in, doctor Morecelli. I recognize that last name but don't know from where.

"Hello Mr. Ivanov are you feeling any pain?" My dad is staring at this woman and for once he's speechless. "Dad" I nudge him and he snaps out of it. "No pain." She nods and smiles at me.

"Did you operate on him." Dimitri asks and she smiles and nods, "I did everything went fine I just removed the bullet nothing major. Why?"

"Thank you.." Dimitri shakes her hand and then I guess I shook her hand to be polite. My dad shook hers as well but his hand lingered on hers for a bit to long. Weirdo.

She clears her throat, "your nurse will come in to change your bandages you'll be free to go home tomorrow. Have a nice day." She walks out and I look at my dad.

"I'm going to marry her." Dimitri scoffs and I let out of breathless laughs. "Yea okay dad." He rolls his eyes at me and ushers us to go home saying we were annoying kids. He loves us I swear.

"$500 he actually marries her." Dimitri says and I laugh. "600 they just hook up." I say and we both shake on it. My father doesn't date and I'll be enjoying those $600.

I was back home by the time Cynthia would come out of school. I freshened up and then I drive to go pick her up. She's waiting in the parking lot in a bench with Delilah who's chatting her ear off. Cynthia looks amused but I notice a small hint of sadness in her eyes.

I send her a text and she gets up quick Delilah hugs her goodbye and walks away. I stand there seeing Cynthia watch Delilah walk away into a car and then heads towards me.

She jumps into my arms and I spin her around. "I missed you darling." I say as I kissed her lips quickly. "I forgot how miserable school was without you." I smile and we head to her house. She looks beautiful in her black dress.

"You look gorgeous darling." She blushes and smiles at me. "Thanks love." She takes my hand and we head up to her room. I pick up sole and Luna along the way and both cats snuggle into me as I lay on her bed.

"So what do you think of Delilah." She smiles and twists her bracelet, it has Olivia's initials and the day she passed on it.

"I kept thinking all day how her and Olivia would've been the best of friends. She's so similar to Olivia it made me miss her. I love her she's so sweet, so bubbly and talkative.

She's too kind. Like obnoxiously kind, and it pisses me off how everyone thinks they can push her around because she won't defend herself. Especially that lame excuse of a boyfriend she has.

I don't get how she's with him, he constantly humiliates her." I grab her hand that's formed into a fist.

She looks at me and smiles, I stare at her short hair and can't deny she's the most gorgeous girl I ever seen. And she's all mine.

"I miss my long hair. Stupid mental breakdown, let's manifest it grows faster." We grab each others hand and she begins to chant that her hair will grow longer and I burst out laughing only for her to scowl at me.

"It works Aleksandr trust me." I nod and bring her to my chest. "Your hair will grow baby." She mutters how it better and we both end up asleep. This is what peace feels like, her in my arms.

/////////////////////////////////
A/N: Delilah and Nikolai are in the next chapters yayy