6

It's Friday and I'm being driven insane

It's Friday and I'm being driven insane. I'm at the twins house sitting here waiting for them to come down.

I'm on my phone texting the girls, mainly Olivia who's asking if she should ditch her glasses and just get contacts. I know this is Sydney's advice.

I hear footsteps come down the stairs and I look up. The wind has been knocked out of me. Oh Jesus have mercy on me.

This man, and I'm saying MAN comes down the stairs in a suit checking his watch. Holy hell that's Ronan Ivanov, and people were not lying when they said he was drool worthy hot. He's the twins dad alright he said copy and paste literally.

The boys emerge from behind him and they all stop to look at me. Fuck me why are they so attractive. God has favorites. I look around me and then back at them, they're still staring. Okay now I'm getting uncomfortable.

"Umm hello." I stand up and Mr. Ivanov comes towards me. He looks me up and down in a judgmental way. No yea, it just adds to my non existent confidence.

"Hello, I assume your Cynthia Romani. Nice to meet you welcome to our house." He gives me a drool worthy smile and shakes my hand. I smile and he steps back turning his back towards me.

"Boys shes the daughter of one of my closest friends, don't do stupid shit. I'm talking about you Alek." Aleksandr rolls his eyes and smiles at his dad.

"You know I'm an angel." His dad smiles and walks out the house. Dimitri nods at me to follow them upstairs. I grab my backpack and books and follow them.

We enter the most beautiful library I've seen. I bet they haven't read all these books and just have them for decoration. I look over to Aleksandr who's staring at me, I gave him a weird look for doing so.

I went and sat next to Dimitri who was sketching something. When I looked down I realized how good he was. "Oh wow, that's really good Dimitri. I didn't know you can draw like that."

He smiled "there's a lot of things I'm good at red." Something loud falls and I look at the direction the noise came from.

Aleksandr picked up the book he dropped and smiled, "sorry my hand slipped." I looked at him weird and went back to seeing how Dimitri added to his sketch.

"Umm hello! Are we gonna work in the project or just drool over Dimitri?" I rolled my eyes and explained who would do what part.

Me and Aleksandr will do the research and Dimitri will work on the presentation slides. I was reading the book and got a message. I looked down and see it's from Olivia.

Livy: hey Cynthia, there's a party I was wondering if you wanted to go.

Me: I don't know I'm kinda busy rn.

Livy: oh don't worry it's fine. I'll text you the address in case you change your mind. Or if something happens.

Me: be safe liv.

Livy: always!

I look at Aleksandr who's staring at me. "Take a picture while your at it." He grabs his phone and snaps a picture. Is he serious? He looks down at his phone and smiles.

"Delete that." He sighs and stands up he grabs my hand and takes me downstairs. "Where are we going?" I won't lie and say his hand feels nice against mine. But I think I'm just touch deprived.

"To go find snacks. I'm hungry and bored." I sigh and looked at their huge kitchen a lady enters and sneers at the sight of Aleksandr. I like her.

"Oh please tell me that beautiful girl is your girlfriend." Her Russian accent was deep. She has silver hair and is fit for her age.

"You, come here sweetheart. Are you hungry?" I was about to speak up when Aleksandr interrupted

"Yes I am, starving actually I'm craving.." he got slapped by a spatula that made me flinch. Ouch.

I rubbed his arm instinctively trying to ease the pain. "Not you, devil child. Where's Dimitri? my angel." I drop my arm when Aleksandr looks down at me in confusion.

His arm is turning red, "can you kiss it too." I scoff and push him away.  Asshole.

"I'm Cynthia nice to meet you." She shakes my hand and starts cooking while Aleksandr grabs us some cookies.

"There's a party tonight we should ditch this project and have fun." Aleksandr says looking up from his phone, Maybe I should distract myself.

"I'll have to go home and get ready." He hums and looks in the direction of Elsa. I text Olivia telling her I'll be at the party. To which she texts the group and they're all celebrating.

I stand up and head upstairs to the library where I left my stuff. I see Dimitri reading a books. "Aleksandr wants to go to a party you want to go? I'm heading home to get ready." He closes his book and stands up.

"I'll drive you it's late, you never know what's lurking at night." I smile in appreciation and grab my stuff.

"I'm sorry where are we heading?" Aleksandr steps in front of us with arms crossed. "He's taking me home, I have to get ready remember?" He snatches the keys from Dimitri's hand.

"How about I take you." I was about to protest but Dimitri walked away leaving me no choice. I'm following Aleksandr and realize he's actually tall. Aleksandr is extremely attractive I'm not going to lie.

He's tall, with dirty blonde hair and sharp facial structures. And with that bad boy but very social persona he's got going on, everyone at school would do anything for him.

I didn't get the hype, I'm starting to. But he's still a pain in my ass. "take a picture while your at it."  I smile and do the same thing he did to me in the library.

"Smile!" The idiot actually smiled which made me mumble curse words under my breath. "Don't be upset red, many people would kill to have a picture of me in their phones." The narcissist spoke up.

"Get over yourself." I was surprised he opened the car door for me. He got in and started driving after I gave him my house address.

"I have to ask I'm quite curious, why are you friends with Jackie and Sydney?" I furrowed my brows in confusion where is this coming from. Does he like one of them?

"We been friends since middle school. But times change and so do people. I feel like I outgrew them at one point, but I don't want to let them go we have some good moments together."

Why am I telling him my whole life story. "Sometimes it's better to let go of a person, in order for you to be at peace. They're dragging you down, Sydney is jealous of you."

I look at him, his gaze focused on the road, his dirty blonde hair is messy Aleksandr has sharp facial structures and in the dark he looks deadly.

"So want us to pick you up? It's the best I could do, I'm practicing how to be a gentleman." I scoff and look at him. He smiles at me his eyes holding amusement. As I stare at him and his stupid grin I can't help my own from coming out.

"Careful Cynthia, if you keep giving me those smiles I'll start to think you have a crush on me."

"In your dreams. And yes can you pick me up?" He nods and I thank him again before getting out the car and going inside my gated house. The guards greet me hello and I smile at them.

Authors note: how are we feeling about this book. Please let me know who your favorite character is.