14

*please play the song when you see this (!!)

*please play the song when you see this (!!). Thank you.
*********************************
I'm currently in the library with Olivia, she's reading a book while I'm working on an assignment I left for the last minute. Junior year is stressful for no fucking reason.

"I'm going to cry!" I look at Olivia who's tearing up and I panic, "liv what's wrong?" She shakes her head and breathes in. " Cynthia I'm reading the notebook!" I roll my eyes and let out a breathless laugh.

"Hey girls Mind if we join you?" I look up and see the twins. Dimitri has sunglasses on and I look at him weird. He lifts his glasses up and my eyes widen. "Hung over." Is all he says and he leans back on the chair.

I look at Aleksandr who's quiet. "What's up with you?" He shakes his head and practically burns a hole at something behind me. I turn to see where he's looking at and I smile at John. I flinch when I feel someone kick me.

"Oops my foot slipped. Sorry" I glared at Aleksandr who's looks the opposite of sorry. I tap Olivia and motion at her to look behind me. Her eyes widen and she sits up straight. "Stop looking, is he looking over here?" She whispers to me and can't help it I laugh at her and put my stuff away.

"What are you two whispering about?" We flinch away from each other and look at Aleksandr.

"None of your business."

"Boys!" I sigh and look at Olivia. Aleksandr looks down at his hands and when he looks up at me I'm at lost for words, so many emotions run through his eyes before he shuts them down and stood up, "Dimitri let's go." Both twins left and me and Olivia stare at each other in shock.

"What happened?" Liv whispered and I shrugged my shoulders. We both got up and waved at John before we left the library.

School went on normally, Sydney and Jackie were expelled for bullying and misconduct. Apparently messages of theirs got leaked, I think I know what happened though.

I get home and do homework and spend time with my mom, she's not feeling well. Before I knew it the day was ending and I'm in my room writing down on my journal, when I get a call from liv.

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

" Cindy?... can I stay the night at yours? My dad.... He's drunk and yelling but it's worse he's throwing things around and I'm scared. I'm..." I sit up straight and get my car keys listening to her cry on the phone.

"Livvy hey calm down I'm going to pick you up, lock yourself in your room." I'm running down the stairs and drive to her house urgently.

When I arrive I turn off my headlights and send her a text. I see her bedroom light on, and she's curled up in her window sill and my heart breaks for her.

Olivia my fucking ball of sunshine looks so broken down. When She sees me she opens her window and climbs down quietly.

I get out of my car and run to hug her. "I didn't know who else to call I'm sorry." She's trembling and I Lead her into my car.

"I'm here you're okay now." I drive back home and we head up to my room. We lay down in bed and she stares up at the ceiling.

"He hit me last week." My heart fucking drops, I look at Olivia whos staring numbly at the wall. How far up my fucking ass have I been to not notice that I'm not the only person who has problems. My best friend was suffering in silence, and all those times she's called me and I ignored it. She was calling me for help and I didn't care to answer her.

What a great fucking friend I am. "It wasn't this bad before, he drank and would pass out, but recently he's been getting angry for no reason. Mom left us a month ago." I bury my face into my hands and try not to cry.

"Livvy? Why didn't you tell me? You been dealing with this for a month? God..." my voice cracks and I burst out crying, my heart aching for her. I pull her into my arms and she starts crying.

"I'm sorry, I was scared to tell anybody, and you have a lot going on with your mom, I mean she has cancer and my dad is just a stupid Alcoholic." I shake my head and hug her tighter.

"Do not dismiss your feelings or compare your situation to anyone else. Your feelings are just as valid No matter what situation."

She nods and sits up facing me. "I'm okay, don't look at me like that please. I'm okay as long as I have you." I tear up and nod knowing Olivia hates looks of pity.

She's always been scared of her dad and now I know why. Her house isn't safe. Olivia, the girl who's always nice to everyone, I've come to realize she's secretly the saddest girl.

"Love you to the moon and to Saturn" She says with a shaky smile and tears in her eyes. "And I Love you to infinity." I say and pull her into my arms. We lay like this until she fell asleep. I cry silently, my best friend has been abused in her home.

She's never wanted me to go over and now I'm connecting the dots, when she would miss school and cancel our plans, how she would be covered up the days where it was hot.

Her house on the outside looks so well put together, but it's all a facade, her house is her biggest enemy when it should be her safe haven.
———///-////—//-//-//-//-////-/—
Authors note: what do you guys think of Olivia and Cynthia's friendship.

Or what do you think about Olivia in general?