24

I'm in my bathroom taking a hot bath

I'm in my bathroom taking a hot bath. well I've been in here for about two hours and the once warm water has turned cold.

I wonder if my mother knew it was her last night with me. Was she in pain while I slept peacefully next to her? Maybe if I had stayed up...

I sink down under the water finally getting some silence. What if I just don't come back for air, I'm exhausted.

"Cynthia?" There's pounding coming from somewhere "Cara Mia! Open the door! Please." "Baby, Cynthia please I beg of you. open up!"

My lungs are burning but refuse to come up for air. I want to be with my mom. I'm suddenly yanked up forced to take a huge breath in. I'm coughing and trembling when I look up My dad is looking at me with crazed eyes. He's panting as if he just ran a mile.

"What's wrong with you?" He stands up and hands me a towel. I'm suddenly embarrassed, he looks away and I get out of the tub with his help.

He then pulls me to his chest and kisses the top of my head while whispering that I'm okay. "Dad?" He shakes my shoulders and yells at me. "You can't leave me Cynthia! I was afraid you... don't ever do that again! Am I clear?... please." I nod my head and apologize to him.

I'm a horrible daughter , he's also mourning as well and I'm just making it harder on him. "I'm sorry dad I'll change and then we can watch a movie yea?" He nods and exits my room however I stop as I watch him pick up my door from the floor. Oh my goodness.

I change and then sit on my vanity and just stare at myself. My spark has been long gone and I hate the girl staring back at me.

Dad stands behind me and we both stare at each other. Me and him. His tired eyes look at me with so much emotion. He's the only one who understands me.

My mother and I were best of friends, but my father was and will always be my first love. He's my entire universe. And for him I must get better.

My dad grabs my comb and begins to brush my hair as I continue to look at him. His touch is gentle and I wonder if he knows how much I adore him. Ever since my mother's funeral I don't think I have it in me to lose the one parent I have left.

I've had nightmares of my dad being killed in-front of me. And knowing my life the chances are possible, he can be taken away from just like my mom was.

"Cara Mia? Don't cry please" I didn't even realize I was crying. "I'm okay." My dad picks me as if I was still a child and climbs onto my bed I'm hugging him tight and I silently cry in his arms. "You can't leave me dad. I'll absolutely shatter if you're gone."

"I'm not immortal my love, but I promise I'll take extra care of us." He's not immortal, he too will be gone from my life almost everyone will, tomorrow isn't promised and that terrifies me.

I fell asleep in my dads arms as he watched a movie. I hear rustling and I wake up and look at my dad who's standing up and wipes his eyes.

"Cynthia. I'm going to go see your mother, I don't want her being alone." I nod and get up with him. I walk down stairs and follow him into the car.

It took us about five minutes to get to her grave. I clutch my dads hand and follow him silently. I sit down next to him and watch as he organizes her flowers.

The sun is shining brightly and I smile as the warm breeze hits us. It's like I can feel her presence. I lean my head on my dads shoulder and we sit there laughing at our favorite family memories.

"We're going to be okay dad. I just know it. Right now it hurts a shit ton but we'll manage."

"Language Cynthia. Your mother hates when you cuss in front of her." I laugh and look down at her grave stone. "It's not like she can smack me for it." I get a smack in the arm by dad wand we both burst out laughing.

I'm laughing crying. And I get up to give dad some alone time.
/////////////////////////////////
A/N: short chapter. I don't know how I feel about this book.