001. wrapped around your finger

L I F E L I N E

february 9, 2023

february 9, 2023

"kassy said if you two want breakfast, you gotta get up now," haven stood at the door of the pair's bedroom with her arms folded while she looked over at them. "or you're fending for yourselves.. again.."

"yeah, okay.." the boy nodded.

with it being liberty's twenty-third birthday in five days, the main friend group had rented out an airbnb for a couple days, in a beach town a little away from the city of los angeles to have a more intimate celebration for the girl before her big party on the coming saturday.

and while the three girls as well as samantha's boyfriend were up out of bed and in the kitchen ready to enjoy a hot breakfast cooked by kassiana, daniel and liberty were still laying in their shared bed. her arms wrapped around him with her head buried into his back, a pounding headache as she refused to open her eyes and face the reality of her hangover.

"you gonna get up, libby," daniel softly spoke while slightly turning his head as he attempted to look at her, receiving a groan in response after the elder girl had left and shut the door behind herself. "let me go get you a glass of water.."

"no."

"libbbyy," he dragged out as he twisted his arm behind him and then letting out a chuckle as he tickled her, feeling her wriggle around while whining his name and pulling her arms off of him. daniel then sitting up and facing towards her. "what do you wanna do? go have food now, or have some water and advil and lay here for a bit longer and they we go get food out?"

"we go back to sleep," liberty reached for his hand and gently tugged on it.

"nah-uh i'm starving," he shook his head as he teased her. "you should've brought mr. snuggles with us."

"fine," she muttered, using a lot of effort to sit up before collapsing back down on the bed. "five more minutes though."

"see you out there then.. bestie," daniel smiled at her before fist bumping her. "love ya."

"love ya more fend."

as liberty cuddled back into the pillows, daniel got up from the bed and grabbed his phone off the bedside table, quickly reading the couple notifications before shoving it into the pocket of his sweatpants, then finding a clean shirt in his suitcase and pulled it over his previously bare upper half.

going to the bathroom before wandering his way out to the kitchen area, the boy shared greetings with them all and soon placing two slices in the toaster to go along with the portion of bacon and eggs the eldest had set aside for him in the warm oven.

"lil not getting up yet?" samantha asked, looking across the space to him.

"she said she was, then she acted like she was going back to sleep.." he softly laughed, "but we all know she's not getting back to sleep at this time. i say give it.. three minutes."

"gotta limit her tonight so we can out on time tomorrow," kassiana mentioned, receiving a collective hum in agreement from the group.

"speaking of the devil.." mateo, samantha's boyfriend, chuckled while liberty groaned as setting wasn't helping with the state she was in.

"close," daniel snickered, looking over at the table as he placed the toasted bread onto his plate. "avo toast, lib?"

"yes please," she softly nodded.

"got him wrapped around your finger," haven laughed.

"benefits of being his bestie for twenty-three years-"

"not yet," daniel jokingly interrupted liberty, followed by taking a bite of his own food as he waited for her's to finish cooking. "and i'm only doing it cause it's 'her birthday week'."

"i would've made it," she argued.

"speaking of your love life.. are you still seeing sebastian?" kassiana raised a brow

"why the fuck's daniel categorised in to my love life," she chuckled with a smile on her face, yet mainly from the mentioning of the other. "but yes, i am still seeing seb. why?"

"you haven't talked about him much the last couple days, that's all," she smiled. "i was just wondering what was going on.."

"mh cause i have the worst track record," she laughed at her own previous relationships. "but i've been talk with seb the whole time."

"didn't make the cut for the trip though?" mateo spoke in a more confused tone.

"probably for the best," haven replied. "i don't think he would've been happy with the scene i walked in on before.."

"well first of all, you're making it out like we were doing stuff.. anyway, daniel and i wouldn't be sharing a bed if he was here.." liberty replied with a subtly shrug. "and also seb's busy doing his actor things so he couldn't come."

"fair," samantha nodded.

"eat up, so we can go do something," daniel chimed in as placed the plate with avocado toast with diced up tomatoes, topped with a little salt and pepper, and a glass of lemon water down in front of liberty before going back over to grab his own food.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
get to know their group's
dynamic before we get into
it all :))