019. i keep all my promises

L I F E L I N E

february 27, 2023

february 27, 2023

looking over his shoulder as he heard the door to his studio room open, daniel exchanged a smile with the girl despite be confused, "hey lib"

"hey.."

"aren't you supposed to be seeing charley tonight?" he furrowed as he sat his headphone down on the desk and turned around completely to see her.

she softly shook her head as she walked over closer to him, causing him to stand up and wrap his arms around her.

"what happened?" he frowned as he laid his head on top of that was now buried into his chest. "she wasn't happy about the other night?" .. i was just helping to protect you, maybe she should've came home with you if she has a problem with that.."

"we didn't even get to that," she sniffled.

"aw libs.. what happened?" he lifted his head up again to look at her. soon unwrapping his arms and grabbing her hand as he took a couple steps back, taking a seat and pulling over the other chair with his free hand. "sit down, lets talk.."

sitting down, daniel handed her his other hand and watched as she fiddled with his fingers. "she was using me.." liberty mumbled, her gaze staying away from his eyes.

"how?!" he got defensive.

"she.. she knows who you are.. and admitted she swiped right cause her ex's sister loves you and the boys.." she explained, looking up at the boy and noticing the small frown on his face. "and.. i overheard them talking about asking me to got yous to preform at her party.."

"i'm sorry.."

"it's not your fault.."

"yeah, i know, but i feel bad"

"oh no you're living your dream and you're so famous and well known," she mockingly spoke with a chuckled, a genuine smile on her face as she connected her eyes with his. "as you should be"

he laughed, "do you remember the night before i moved here.."

september of 2016. the two were sat in the boy's bedroom, on his bed across from one another, spending his last proper night in their hometown together before he was due to move away to los angeles to pursue his dream of a career in music.

"you've gotta promise that you'll never forget me," the sixteen year old held her pinky out.

"no matter what," he locked their fingers together, them both leaning in and kissing their thumbs. "i promise i won't."

"i'm gonna miss you.."

"i'm gonna miss you the most," he returned the soft frown expression. "but i'll be back for thanksgiving."

"that's like two months," she groaned as she playfully fell back on the bed. "two months too long."

"think of it like.. i'm going on a trip," he suggested, gently nudging her.

"we always go on trips together though!"

"i'll be home eventually," he chuckled. "this isn't the last time i'm seeing you, you don't need to stress."

"i'll have you know," she sat up as she folded her arms. "i'd be very bored without you around!"

"you have your friends!"

"mh," she subtly rolled her eyes in response as it went unnoticed to the boy. ".. i'm proud of you. i'm going to be your biggest fan forever."

"i have no doubt about it.."

"you've always kept your promise of being my biggest fan," he returned a smile.

"i keep all my promises!" she exclaimed. "like the one that if we're both single by the time i'm thirty, we'll get married.. i'm still down for that since at the moment it seems like we're heading there."

"and a baby then too, no sooner," he replied, proving that he knows that about her.

"mmm-hm. pregnant at thirty, birth around thirty-one depending on how quickly i can get pregnant and the money sitch if i end up with a pretty girl or i just wanna go the non-traditional route in general."

"yes, i know. and your own house at twenty-six, settle down for the four years before the baby chaos."

"yeeep," she popped the p. "you know it. that's the plan. it's all apart of my ten year plan."

"..you feeling better now?" daniel spoke up after a couple seconds of silence.

"mh.."

"you'll find someone better.. someone who's not using you, someone who's not dating your friend too, someone who's not treating you like shit.. you'll find the perfect person, i know it.."

"i know, it just sucks"

"hey, remember your ten year plan," he brought back up. "settling down's not till twenty-five, twenty-six, you've got time."

"mh.." she hummed with a smile.

"shall we go have some dinner?" he more so suggested, receiving a nod as they both stood. daniel laying his arm across her shoulder's as he pulled her in closer to himself. "should we go out, i feel bad you got all dressed up and you're looking pretty for nothing."

"you're not nothing," she softly shook her head. "we can eat here, making something and you can appreciate the effort i put in."

"i'll always appreciate everything about you.."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
fyi basically every breakup
she has she goes straight to
daniel to feel better and so
that's what this is :)