012. there's nothing still there

L I F E L I N E

february 18, 2023

february 18, 2023

"jamessyyyy," liberty ran to the boy the second her eye landed on him in the backstage area of why don't we's 2018 invitation tour's paris show.

"libby?" he spoke in a confused tone, slightly furrowing his brows as he wrapped his arm around her with zero hesitation. "how- what- why- i'm so- what are you doing here?"

"surrprissse," she grinned, dragging the word out as she lifted her head and looked up at him.

"i am very much surprised," he nodded with a small chuckle. "seriously though..? what are you doing on this side of the world?"

"i wanted to come see you.."

"i'll be home in like two weeks," he chuckled once more, pulling her back in as he slightly swayed her. "it's nice to see you though."

"i've missed you.."

"i've missed you too," he smiled at her — not even mentioning the fact they've talked everyday since he left. "how long are you staying?"

"a week.. i got here yesterday, then i'm coming to london with you.. then i'll just stay there when you're in dublin, then catch the train for manchester and then i might come to glasgow but it'll depend on how much money i have left," she babbled.

"did you seriously spend all your money to be here?" he raised a brow, watching her hesitantly nod. "you're so silly lib," he kissed her head. "i'm sorry your date didn't go well by the way.."

"i'm okay now that i'm here.." she replied, a small smile on her face. "being with you fixes all my sadness.."

liberty opened her eyes, glancing around her dimly lit bedroom as she let out a small sigh and rolled over onto her other side. cuddling into her teddy bear and her blanket, comforter combo whilst closing her eyes to try and get back to sleep before her saturday work alarm.

"dani.." she softly spoke as she pulled away from his lips after exchanging a few kisses. "we.. we broke up.."

"sorry, sorry," he shook his head while he quickly unwrapped his arms from around her and stepped away as she took a seat on the edge of the bed.

it was now after the why don't we show and instead of getting back on the tour bus with his friends, daniel decided to spend the night in paris with liberty in her hotel room and then travel to london together the following morning.

"it's okay.." the eighteen year old subtly shrugged. "i didn't mind it.. plus we haven't seen each other since we broke up so- and this is how things were before so this is sorta just like normal so it's fine, right?"

"yeah," he promptly agreed with a solid nod. "we're both still single, it's not like we're ruining anything by doing this.. whether it's been other people or even us, it's nothing we haven't done before.. i mean, it's what we've been doing for the past year when we see each other, so it's completely fine..?"

"yeah, yeah," liberty nodded as she accepted their justification. "maybe we should like, i don't know, kiss again and.. just like confirm there's nothing still there? only if you want to of course, it's up to you."

"yeah.. yeah.. maybe we should," the boy agreed.

now standing in front of her, daniel ran his hand along her check and lifted her head up as he held the same hand under her chin. staring into each others eyes for a second and then leaning down and joining their lips once again.

starting by moving their lips in sync slowly before things quickly got more passionate. and with out a second thought or neither ending the moment, he broke the kiss and pulling off his shirt as she back up. climbing back over to her and instantly reconnecting.

liberty let out a small groan while she forced herself to sit up, grabbing her phone off her night stand to check the time — and luckily it was an appropriate time so she got out of bed, trying her hardest not to think anymore about the night in paris as she got ready for her short work day.

quietly listening to music as she drove to the complex, grabbing something to eat and drink from the cafe next door before heading into her salon. sharing a few small greetings with her co-workers whilst she made her way to the back room to put her belongings down.

"you're here early?" autumn softly furrowed as she followed her into the room. "i thought you started later today?"

"i do," she slightly nodded, following with a sip of her coffee. "my first client's in.. about an hour.."

"why are you here then?" she chuckled.

"i couldn't sleep," she shrugged. "what do you think having a dream about a situation after a bad date after a good date means?" she blurted out. "i just don't understand why i can't stop thinking about when my date last night was good and i enjoyed it a lot.."

"well maybe you're subconsciously scared that this relationship's going to end the same way.."

"but that ended because she didn't like the idea of me being bi and being so close with daniel especially when we had just broken up like the week before, so i told her about daniel and how we use to date and how it's completely over now, and she was completely okay with it, so it just doesn't make sense.."

autumn softly hummed, "i don't think having memory dreams is a very common thing so it might be your mind trying to get you to think about that moment because you've possible misinterpreted it this whole time and maybe it wasn't about the fact you two are friends, maybe it was something else.. i don't know, just something to think about."

"mh.."

"it'll be okay, i'm sure of it," she reassured the other.

"mh," liberty nodded once again. "okay.. thanks."

"of course," she smiled. "anytime."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
i love writing the little flashback
moments so you all get an insight
to have their relationship is (also
for those that didn't click this is
the trip she went on after her date
with sage the one mentioned in
the last chapter just thought i
should mention that)