009. you're the only exception

L I F E L I N E

february 16, 2023

february 16, 2023

over the last forty-eight hours following the night of her birthday, liberty had still been spending as much time away from her female friends as possible since she still wasn't quite ready to face the situation that had taken place on the monday.

and coincidentally her work schedule abled her do so. both mornings she had left the house early and had breakfast at the cafe next door, then after work she spent a few hours just on her own, around town before heading back around ten-pm and going straight to her room.

only being in contact with daniel — although that was already quite common for her usual daily life, considering how bad she is at remembering to reply to messages after they disappear from her lock screen. with that, they had planned a little dinner at the seavey's home so she didn't have to spend yet another night alone.

"how was work?" daniel questioned her as they worked together to make a meal.

"the usual," she shrugged.

"and the girls?"

"haven't spoken to them.." she slightly mumbled. 

"why not?" he turned around to face the girl.

"i don't know," she shrugged once again, this time more subtly. "what am i supposed to say to someone who stole the guy i was seeing, and the others who basically supported it. and then all the blame for it turning out this way gets put on me and you cause apparently a girl and a guy who are both into the opposite gender being best friends and close is the biggest fucking issue in the world."

"have you actually talked to kassy and sam?" he raised a brow. "did they say themselves that they supported haven stealing sebastian from you?"

"no, but they might as well have."

"can you just talk to them, please?" he more so begged, gently grabbing her shoulders and making her look at him. "i know how much you struggled to keep friendships back home, so it hurts seeing you so upset with these girl you've been friends with basically the whole time you've been here. it hurts knowing you're spending so much time alone over a stupid boy."

"yeah granted it was a dick move for haven to continue wanting to be with him but let be honest lib, if you found out he was still on dating apps while seeing you, even if he hadn't gotten with her and it was just some random girl or even no one and he was on there looking at other girls or she didn't want to stay with, literally any reason, you wouldn't have wanted to be with him anymore anyway."

"i know you, your mind wanders, you'll constantly think that there's someone else even if he reassures you a million times he's not seeing anyone else. there's really no point in holding a grudge with your friends over him. haven now knows the type of guy he is and the fact she's still willing to be with him despite knowing he's a dick, you really should just let her."

"i know it probably hurts, a lot, but there's not much you can do, so you just need to go along with it... just because they're together, it doesn't mean you have to throw away your friendships, especially with kassy and sam, those girls love you, lib," he continued. "please sit down and talk with them all, sooner rather than later, i'll even come with if you want."

"i can't till next week now.." liberty replied in a slight mumble, stirring the food in the pot as she avoided looking back at him.

"why not?" he tilted his head.

"well i'm here tonight, i got a date tomorrow night, and then it's saturday and you know they got out every weekend so it can't happen now till monday at least," she babbled while facing him.

"you have a date tomorrow?" he asked, that being the one thing that stuck out to him.

"mhm," she hummed, turning back to the food. "with a girl. i've gone back to girls, i've given up on guys cause they're all dicks-"

daniel cut her off with a playful gasp, "i'm offended."

"you're the only exception."

"thanks," he replied with a small chuckle. "now back to the conversation, can you text the girls and see what they're doing tonight? let's have dinner then we can go there and you all can talk and if it ended in too much drama, i'll just bting you back- or you can stay in general, i don't mind."

"do i have to?"

"yes."

"and what if i don't?" she raised a brow.

"um.." he jokingly narrowed his eyes as he thought of a punishment. "i'll kick you out, never allowed in my house again."

"you won't do that," she laughed.

"you're right, i won't.. but you will talk to them, tonight, alright?"

"fine.."

"thank you.." he replied, gently wrapping his arms around her from behind as he hugged her and watched her cook the meat for their meal.

"you're coming with me though.."

"mhm, of course i will," daniel placed a small kiss on the back of her head. "anything for you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
i'll put the girls talking in the
next chapter cause i desperately
needed to update this lol