033. whatever you say dear sir

L I F E L I N E

march 11, 2023

after hopping out of the uber and thanking the driver, liberty wrote out a text to daniel as she made her way over to the short line leading into one of her usual go to clubs.

soon showing her id to the bouncer and then placing the card back in her purse as she headed inside. going straight to the bar, and accessing the space as she awaited her drink.

"vodka shot and a long island," the bartender called out to her, flashing her a smile as she turned around.

"thank you," liberty returned one, downing the shot of alcohol before grabbing the drink and hopping off the bar stool.

taking a sip, she wandered around the room, trying to find a group that looked approachable. letting out a small gasp as her eyes landed on her younger sister with a few of her friends and a group of unknown guys. sneaking up to them, she signalled to the other girls to keep quiet as they picked up on her presences.

"boo!" liberty exclaimed, gently nudging the girl's shoulder which caused her to jump slightly and quickly flicking her head toward the other.

"oh my god lilli," she sighed.

"you get scared to easily," she chuckled. "so what are you doing here, mickey, you ain't old enough yet."

"shut up," mikayla shook her head. "where's your boyfriend at today? why aren't you annoying him instead of me."

"daniel's not my boyfriend," liberty groaned. "i don't know how many times we have to tell you that."

"how do you know i wasn't talkin' 'bout that guy you were mackin' on with on the feed the other day, huh?" she raised a brow as she slightly snickered. "your the one who's mind went to daniel."

"ugh fuck off," she scoffed. "that's all the family talks about, 'oh when is daniel and lilli getting back together', 'he's so in love with you lilli', 'why don't you two date', i get all that bullshit and you know it."

"maybe cause it's fun to tease you," mikayla laughed. "you act like getting back with daniel would be the end of the world."

"he has a girlfriend, mickey."

"sorry, daniel.. daniel has a girlfriend?"

"yea," she nodded with a small shrug.

"haven't heard that in a while," she chuckled. "anyway can you leave us alone now, go do your own thing, let me live."

"whatever," she sighed.

spinning around on the spot, liberty finish the last of her drink before walking back over to the bar. setting the glass down and propping herself up on the stool, then requesting another shot and drink from the bartender.

thanking the girl and downing the shot instantly once again. soon slightly turning her attention to the dj as he finished setting up and the begun to get louder whilst she sat there swirling the straw around in the glass — no longer in the mood to get up and dance, and just wondering what she should do.

as a little over an hour passed, mikayla and her friends had left the bar quiet some time earlier whilst for liberty the four drinks and three shots she had down had finally gotten into her system and she was now in the middle to the dance floor having the fun night she had originally wanted, not even caring that she was technically alone.

letting out a gasp as an idea sparked her mind, she slightly stumbled her way through the groups and over to the dj and his set up. exchanging a smile with him.

"no requests," he yelled out over the music, pointing at the sign beside him. noticing her let out a small 'oh' and nod. "although i can make an exceptional for a hot girl like you. come here," he wave her over to his side of the table. "what song would you like."

"can you do runaway by daniel seavey?" she matched his speaking level, a slight slur in her words.

"runaway by kanye? ya i can load it up i guess," he nodded.

"good song but no," she quickly shook her head, pulling her phone out of her pocket, finding it on her spotify and showing him the screen. "runaway, daniel seavey."

"hm.. hey cunt, take over," he quickly took the headphones off and shoved them onto his friend who assists him before turning his attention back to the girl. "let me hear it."

liberty pressed play on the song as he said down on the seat behind himself, grabbing the phone from her and holding it up to his ear and turning it up so he could hear it over the speakers.

"he's my friend, i wanna show him he's missing out on having fun!" she explained.

he simply nodded a singular time as he continued listening to the song for a little longer.

"i mean i can play it for you," he said, glancing down at the phone screen to get the artist and title again then handing it back to her. "but what do i get from it?"

".. i.. can buy you a drink?"

"i'm not drinkin' tonight," he shook his head with a small smirk.

"what were you thinking then?" she raised a brow.

"you"

"play the song first and then i'll think about it," liberty smirked.

"a kiss now for insurance?"

"okay," she shrugged.

he placed his hand along her jawline, his thumb on her check and pulled her face in. instantly connecting their lips and passionately his against her's. liberty attempting to break away a few kiss into things and following with a small chuckle as he pulled her back and continued.

removing his lips from her's, he kept ahold of her face and in close quarters as he stared into her eyes; "go get a drink, on me, and i'll load up your song."

"whatever you say dear sir," she replied before skipping away to the bar.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
a lifeline update woo