025. i usually don't care

L I F E L I N E

march 6, 2023

"and what are you gonna do tonight?" daniel looked up from his phone and questioned the girl sat on his bed, texting on her own phone. "i'm going in like five minutes."

"i think i'm gonna stay at jack's," liberty hopped up off the bed. "than you can bring your girl home cause it's about time you get laid."

"we both know i'm not one to do that on a first date," he softly shook his head at her.

"boring."

"and what are you and jack getting up to?" he raised a brow.

"dinner, then i don't know, watch a movie or something, then sleep."

"mh," he slowly hummed as he nodded.

"do you have an issue with that?" she jokingly cross her arms while tilting her head.

"no," he gently pushed her, grabbing her hand and pulling her back towards him before wrapping his arms around her. "i don't care what you two do, just don't let him talk you into things you don't wanna do."

"i won't," she shook her head while lifting her head up and looking at him. "i'm not stupid jamesy. we're just hanging out, i promise."

"alright," daniel softly nodded as he unwrapped his arms. "have fun. take your blanket, you have work tomorrow and you never sleep at other houses.."

"no, that's weird."

"it's not weird, take it, jack won't care- and if he does i'm gonna have a word with him."

"daniel, i'll be fine," she playfully groaned.

"okay, okay, don't take it then," he chuckled, holding his hands up. "but i don't wanna get a text later about how you can't sleep."

"well i won't be cause i'll be alseep."

"i'm sure you will be," he laughed. "you heading out now? i've gotta go so i can, as you tell me, get to the date first like a gentleman would."

"cause it's pollllite too," she dragged her words out slightly as she glanced down at her to the message she had just received. "and yes, i'm going, jack's already cooking us dinner."

both grabbing the few things they needed, they left his house and said goodbyes with a small hug before getting in their cars. liberty reversed out of his driveway first and heading straight to jack's place.

pulling up at the house about fifteen minutes later, she grabbed her overnight bag and couple other things off the passenger's seat and headed up the couple stairs to his front door, then softly knocking.

it soon being answered; "hey lil," jack smiled, pulling her in a quick hug as she wrapped his free arm back around him.

"avery," she softly giggled, shutting the door behind herself.